John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 01:44:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JM's Dylan Cover at MusiCares.....  (Read 8784 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2015, 01:43:07 am »

.....John performed the title track of Bob Dylan's classic 1966 album "Highway 61 Revisited" at the MusiCares Gala in Los Angeles on Friday night honoring Dylan. From all reports his version was stripped down and was backed only by a bluesy piano, so it sounds like it was very similar to the rendition of "The Full Catastrophe" that John is currently performing at every show on the Plain Spoken Tour. Below is a photo of John during his performance.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:47:39 am by walktall2010 » Logged
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 09:37:14 am »

Where's the video?
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 10:45:55 am »

Where's the video?

We may be waiting a while. The event usually is filmed and shows up at some point, but often 6 to 12 months later.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 07:36:45 pm »

When will the video be available to view?  John's version of "Allentown" (originally done by Billy Joel) is brilliant.  So I want to see (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) John's version of the Dylan classic "The Full Catastrophe". 

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: