John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 01:46:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Isolation Of Mister  (Read 8136 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2014, 04:24:36 pm »

The "Plain Spoken" track Isolation Of Mister is hauntingly lonely and moving.  The melody is beautiful.  It touches the soul and you can feel the emptiness in the character of the song. 

John did an amazing job on the song and the entire album.

Mike
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 05:18:26 pm »

It's one of John's best songs ever, not just in the lyrics and the raw honest emotion in John's voice, the instrumentation on this track is just awesome.

Is John the one playing the harmonica solos?
peteboiler
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 05:05:21 pm »

Listening to the Cd for the 10th time - or thereabouts - and it was a grower.  First time I heard it, I was slightly disappointed.  Musically, it is very subdued.  Then it hit me.  THE LYRICS.  I recently saw an interview when John said the lyrics are from a man's perspective, and not necessarily his views.  I call bullshit.  If there was ever a first person narrative, this is it. 

Tears of Vain is an amazing song, but I just hate that lalalalala part.  Damn, he should have come up with something.

But yes, Isolation of Mister is one of his best songs.  Ever.

Bob
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 07:19:57 am »

It's one of John's best songs ever, not just in the lyrics and the raw honest emotion in John's voice, the instrumentation on this track is just awesome.

Is John the one playing the harmonica solos?

No the harmonica is Troye on Plain Spoken.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 11:10:34 pm »

I did think it was someone other than John.  Nonetheless, a great song.  The entire album is so fantastic!  It really can't get "no better than this".  What else does John have in store for us in the years to come?  I certain that Plain Spoken is just the beginning of more great music to come from Mr. Mellencamp.   

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: