John Mellencamp Community
April 19, 2024, 03:22:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plain Spoken Bundle  (Read 4827 times)
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2014, 04:36:04 pm »

today I received the bundle with the vinyl and record player. it took a long journey from Louisville, Kentucky to Berlin, Germany.
and itīs worth every mile and worth every minute waiting for it. my excitement about it is hard to put in words. itīs been some time since I purchased a music item bringing such joy!

first of all I want to say that the service has been top throughout the waiting period. the guys from myplaydirect.com even sent an email apologizing for the delay! what a rare incident, someone apologizing to me for being late on something. besides, I didnīt expect the bundle to arrive the next day.

the whole package is just beautiful. the vinyl record, the signed, typewriter-style lyric sheet, and the turntable.
whoever had the idea to create this bundle, all who were involved in producing it, they all did a great job.
it all seems so unique, so special, and so handmade, just like Johnīs music. it all perfectly fits together, and it really makes me proud of having one of this bundles.

the record player with Johnīs name on it, is so simple but perfect. it brings back the good old feeling how to listen to music. no download, no sound discussion, no cable salad around, nothing but putting the record on the table, start it and listening. one knob for volume, one for tone.
and...it automatically stops at the end!
with the box, you can carry the player wherever you want!
nothing against an ipod, but this is much more heart and fun.

a big thank you to everyone who worked on this bundle!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 07:36:33 pm »

After reading that, I wish I had ordered the bundle.  I'm sure you'll have many pleasurable hours listening to Plain Spoken and all of John's other albums.

Enjoy!

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: