John Mellencamp Community
April 18, 2024, 02:34:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JM on AXS TV from Belmont Mall (Individual Songs)  (Read 7926 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2014, 02:17:23 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKIswwDOIaQ?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/iKIswwDOIaQ?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 02:22:55 am by walktall2010 » Logged
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 03:48:42 pm »

wow, great show! thanks a lot for posting this here, so all can enjoy it. the new songs are outstanding, so are the new versions of the older songs.
to hear "Minutes to Memories" is very special.
John put a lot of heart in his performance. plus it must have been very hot inside the studio.

for the first time I could get an insight look into Belmont Mall. this studio where all this music that means so much to me was recorded, always was like a mystic place to me.
Sun Studios, Motown or Chess Studios may be more famous, but Belmont Mall for me always was THE American recording studio. living far away in europe and dreaming of america, this was the real place for me. I thought "itīs there where these cool guys come from and record their music".
a few years ago when we travelled through the east and midwestern US, I tried to visit Belmont Mall, but unfortunately nobody was there.

this show now not only pays tribute to Johnīs music, but also to this great studio.
Thanks again for sharing!
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 08:34:25 am »

Totally agree! Thanks for the post.  Absolutely love hearing Minutes to Memories again.  So  nice to see the band 'back in the studio', so to speak, also.  Perfect way to spend an hour.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 09:58:52 am »

Yeah, you've got to love that!  To those people who say John doesn't rock anymore, here is the proof he still does.

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: