John Mellencamp Community
April 19, 2024, 02:09:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iTunes Review: Plain Spoken - John Mellencamp (album review)  (Read 6682 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2014, 07:32:16 pm »

I posted a review of John's new album Plain Spoken on iTunes and wanted to share of with everyone on John's forum.  I encourage and challenge everyone here to do the same.  if we all want to see John have a #1 album, this might help the album get there.

Here's my iTunes review.

The music on John’s album Plain Spoken is rich and warm.  Lyrically John put his heart and soul into each song.  If you like Bob Dylan, you’ll find some similarities in John’s songwriting.  The music is gentle and touching.  The gruffness of his voice blends perfectly with the instruments.  Yeah, Plain Spoken is not a rock record like Scarecrow and there are no Jack And Dian’s on the record but what we do have is a beautifully crafted album.  The songs move the listener and are touching.  If an artist has moved you with their music or lyrics, they’ve achieved their goal.  John Mellencamp has done that with Plain Spoken.  Every song on this recording is a highlight.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Mike
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 10:27:08 pm »

This is my review on Amazon.....

This record..IS..The Human condition that is beautifully written and crafted by one of the best songwriters ever, Mr. John Mellencamp. You can hear how much his band respects his song & words by their music. Truly is a work of art. 
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 12:42:05 am »

Yeah, well said!  Hopefully more people on this forum will put reviews up on all these online stores and also post them here.

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: