John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:26:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Take "Plain Spoken" to No. 1  (Read 9919 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2014, 09:04:00 pm »

Okay everyone, John needs our help and this is the least we can do for him. Even if you bought a physical copy or iTunes version of the album today when it came out, check your inbox and your junk mailbox if you bought tickets to the Plain Spoken tour and download the MP3 version of the album that came with your ticket purchase, and please do so THIS WEEK. If you haven't received it already, you should be getting your download code emailed to you in the next couple of days.

Why is downloading these digital copies THIS WEEK important? Because I've been reading up on this and every redeemed code counts as a sale and helps push the album up the chart, and the first week is critical. So if you bought tickets two tickets to five shows, you have 10 download codes, and that's 10 downloads/sales you can register. Even though you don't need multiple copies, please download every code you have to help it notch a sale and get higher on the charts. Other artists have been doing this "ticket includes the album download" thing, and many of them have used it to help push their album to the top of the album charts. We can do the same for Plain Spoken -- we can make it No. 1.

Lets support John and his great new album by redeeming all of the codes we got with our tickets! Thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:17:14 pm by walktall2010 » Logged
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 10:12:38 pm »

Why wasn't the digital download made available when the album (CD, or mp3) purchase was made?  The code could have been included along with the booklet.

I'd have definitely share the code, had I received it.

Mike 
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 02:38:38 pm »

My husband and I both downloaded the song.we bought tickets to a show coming up in May And got the download. We really liked it better then the last two CDs.
Bravo John!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 06:37:28 pm »

Although I didn't receive the download because I purchased my tickets directly from a retailer, I'm doing whatever it takes to spread the word about the release of Plain Spoken.

Mike   
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 10:14:41 pm »

download, download, download!

if you purchased a ticket for this tour and have not received your code, email your confirmation number to [email protected]

help promote JM!
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 01:54:39 pm »

Just got mine and forwarded it to the guitar kid to download!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 07:22:28 pm »

I've posted a review of Plain Spoken on iTunes.

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: