John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 08:59:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: NYC "Fan Club" code worthless for Apollo shows  (Read 25922 times)
1975Plat
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2014, 10:15:52 am »

Anyone else have any luck at all getting even 1 ticket to either of the Apollo shows in NYC? I tried right when they went on sale at 11am today and only Citibank & VIP tickets were available.  So much for the "Fan Club" pre-sale code.
ckronengold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 10:18:33 am »

Worked for me. Although I can't say I'm thrilled with my last row of the mezzanine seats.
I got through immediately, and all I got was "High Demand, No tickets match your request" even thought I had selected "best available."

When I get right through, I at least expect to be offered the last row, not get a "no seats" message. Finally got through after around 11:03. Row M of the Mezz.

I'm hoping to go to Carnegie Hall, so I'll be looking for a trade.
1975Plat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 10:23:02 am »

The circle is still spinning for me "searching for tickets" for the last 20 minutes with '8 minutes to go' it says...I'm sure nothing is available by now.  I tried looking on my phone as well and no luck.  Carnegie Hall will be the same deal I fear.  Glad you got tickets anyway, even if it is the last row.
ckronengold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 10:35:09 am »

For the price of the tix, ($150 each) I'm rethinking the VIP package. First 10 rows + some stuff? Might actually be the best deal.
1975Plat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 10:38:33 am »

After 35 minutes - I actually got through and got four, Row P, Orchestra level tickets.  I am in shock and feel like maybe someone actually saw this forum and opened up tickets to real fans?  Kidding, but wow, I still can't believe I got quality tickets!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 10:55:24 am »

The circle is still spinning for me "searching for tickets" for the last 20 minutes with '8 minutes to go' it says...I'm sure nothing is available by now.  I tried looking on my phone as well and no luck.  Carnegie Hall will be the same deal I fear.  Glad you got tickets anyway, even if it is the last row.

Please keep trying for tickets, all tickets are NOT sold out for the presale.

Due to the number of people requesting tickets, all tickets in the pre-sale might have been allocated into shopping carts and you might be getting a message saying no tickets are available.

However, we have learned from past experience, many of those people are trying for tickets only looking for the front row. If they don't get that they will not buy the tickets they were able to pull up.

Those tickets they don't buy will then return to being available after 7 to 20 minutes and then everyone will have a fresh shot at them.

Thus we recommend you keep trying for tickets, and don't get overly concerned by the "no tickets currently available message", unless tickets have been on sale for at least an hour.

FYI the other main presale password is SPOKEN if you want to try that for the AEG/Radio/Local pre-sale.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
pmcconner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:57:45 am »

Same here....I've been in the "waiting room" for 50 minutes. Kansas City
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 11:00:42 am »

go to the tour page and click on the venue name (under the city name), then go into Mellencamp presale from there (far right column under "Just Added".  that's the only way i could get in

http://www.midlandkc.com/
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 11:12:41 am »

go to the tour page and click on the venue name (under the city name), then go into Mellencamp presale from there (far right column under "Just Added".  that's the only way i could get in

http://www.midlandkc.com/

Use this link for Kansas City Presale:
https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3.html?wr=48b4414d-3039-47b9-a08e-64799cd3d004&skin=arvestbank&preFill=1&lang=en&locale=en_us&eventid=253486&ec=TMK150214&src=AEGAXS1_WMAIN&fbShareURL=www.axs.com%2Fevents%2F253486%2Fjohn-mellencamp-tickets%3F%26ref%3Devs_fb

Enter freedom for the promo code

Then select your number of seats, then best or the price level you want and check out. I just did that successfully.

Dowjones1962

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 11:20:06 am »

On KC cite since 10 and never even entered the waiting room. Just get the waiting room will be opening soon. Sooo disappointed. First date with my wife was JCM 27 years ago.
ckronengold

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 11:25:48 am »

Honestly, thats pretty darn $h!tty. When you are trying to get through for 10 mins, you can only assume that when you request "best available" that they are showing you the best available.

I got through immediately. And kept going back and checking after I checked out. But now, 2+ hours later, there's better seats available than at 11am.

Also, thats not how the system works. When someone doesn't buy the tickets, they are immediately returned to the lot, not 20 mins later.

I'm just annoyed that I paid $300 for the last row of the mezz and now need to deal with swapping tix with brokers once I get them in the mail.

All in all, not the best run pre-sale.

Due to the number of people requesting tickets, all tickets in the pre-sale might have been allocated into shopping carts and you might be getting a message saying no tickets are available.

However, we have learned from past experience, many of those people are trying for tickets only looking for the front row. If they don't get that they will not buy the tickets they were able to pull up.

Those tickets they don't buy will then return to being available after 7 to 20 minutes and then everyone will have a fresh shot at them.

Thus we recommend you keep trying for tickets, and don't get overly concerned by the "no tickets currently available message", unless tickets have been on sale for at least an hour.

FYI the other main presale password is SPOKEN if you want to try that for the AEG/Radio/Local pre-sale.

ckronengold

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 11:30:41 am »

Talk about ridiculous.

At 11am, I got the last row of the mezz.

At 12:30pm, I got Row L on the floor.

Love having to flip tickets b/c ticketmaster pre-sales are run like this.
1975Plat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 11:46:35 am »

Here I was the one who started this thread saying I couldn't find tickets and to the last comment that was just posted, I got four, Orchestra level seats in Row P, 35 minutes after pre-sale started for the Friday night show at the Apollo. I almost gave up after 15 minutes but let the wheel keep spinning until these tickets popped up.  Then, I subsequently kept checking and saw I could have gotten seats in Row L had I waited 10 more minutes.  Strange...I agree, it makes no sense and am just glad I waited out the spinning Ticketmaster wheel.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 11:58:26 am »

Here I was the one who started this thread saying I couldn't find tickets and to the last comment that was just posted, I got four, Orchestra level seats in Row P, 35 minutes after pre-sale started for the Friday night show at the Apollo. I almost gave up after 15 minutes but let the wheel keep spinning until these tickets popped up.  Then, I subsequently kept checking and saw I could have gotten seats in Row L had I waited 10 more minutes.  Strange...I agree, it makes no sense and am just glad I waited out the spinning Ticketmaster wheel.

I just spoke with promoter ticket contact and he said neither Apollo presale is sold out. So if you are having issues just keep trying.

TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 12:00:29 pm »

Honestly, thats pretty darn $h!tty. When you are trying to get through for 10 mins, you can only assume that when you request "best available" that they are showing you the best available.

I got through immediately. And kept going back and checking after I checked out. But now, 2+ hours later, there's better seats available than at 11am.

Also, thats not how the system works. When someone doesn't buy the tickets, they are immediately returned to the lot, not 20 mins later.

I'm just annoyed that I paid $300 for the last row of the mezz and now need to deal with swapping tix with brokers once I get them in the mail.

All in all, not the best run pre-sale.

Don't disagree that presales do not run smoothly, especially with a high demand/low supply show like the Apollo. But it's more of a function of assigned seats and people not buying tickets than anything else. And you are right tickets can return to the ticket pool quicker than what I said, but our past experience tends to show that at 15min after the hour is when most of the unpurchased tickets start showing back up.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: