John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 08:29:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Midwestern Rock REBEL has sold himself out  (Read 8201 times)
bkapler
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2014, 10:13:53 am »

So, John Mellencamp has aligned himself with Citibank and website data miners now.

If you are fortunate enough to be part of the elite class, you get the privilege of forking out between $120-140 for a ticket somewhere in the orchestra floor, and for $250 you can purchase a ticket in the first 10 rows.

For a man who claims humble origins, and to be a rebel, a man of The People, this is hypocrisy of the highest order.

Sorry Citibank.  Sorry Mr Mellencamp. Although I can easily afford these ridiculous prices, I refuse to submit.

Your songs of the common man no longer have any meaning, as you have sold out to The MAN.
cap117

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 12:16:07 pm »

I am so disappointed in how expensive tickets were for the VIP package.  Seriously, it would have been over $500 for 2 tickets! 
WeirdHenry163

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 05:42:34 pm »

I am so disappointed in how expensive tickets were for the VIP package.  Seriously, it would have been over $500 for 2 tickets! 

And no Meet and Greet option either! Tickets too pricey for a John desired show. Nees to be about the fans. I'm anxious to see if this new album is any good, If not for Pete's Sake play the fan favs and rock the joint some!
No excuse for a lackluster setlist with the catalog he has available.
oberturn
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 11:53:50 am »

Seems like fan expectations are pretty high for some.  Paid 160 for not great Bon no I tickets in large venue 2 years ago and Richie was a no show.  Paid 150 for Taylor swift in same large venue.  Paid 118 for JM 4th row in awesome theatre in minneapolis.  Same place dancing in dar video was filmed.  JM show is best and worth every penny!  He has not sold out just spoiled his fans by always taking great care of us.  Wish we could at least buy meet and greets for band as I miss that.  Love JM always!

There is a time to cry and a time to get with it.
cherrybombfan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 03:12:06 am »

I agree with you, oberturn.  I think the the ticket prices for this tour are reasonable.  I have been to a couple of concerts within the last year where I have paid more money for tickets that were not even close to the stage.  If people do not want to pay for the tickets, they should not buy them.  John is certainly not selling himself out.  Many people fail to realize that there are costs associated with touring, such as travel expense, promotional costs, and venue fees, in addition to paying members of the band.  I am looking forward to the tour!! 

John R. Turner
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: