John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:14:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Download  (Read 32019 times)
lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2014, 09:40:14 am »

Right so now I have secured my tickets I was promised a free download of the new Album how do I go about obtaining that??
lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 09:44:53 am »

OK so I researched went back to the venue website and Im not impressed! The download is available 7 days after the album is released well I will own it by then won't I!! so I won't need it! and it also says the free download is not available to with presale tickets and that really sucks because we are the true fans and we don't get it!?Huh Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 09:48:27 am »

Right so now I have secured my tickets I was promised a free download of the new Album how do I go about obtaining that??

Digital download links will come by email next week upon the release of the album. Watch Mellencamp.com and your email for updates!

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 11:07:59 am »

OK so I researched went back to the venue website and Im not impressed! The download is available 7 days after the album is released well I will own it by then won't I!! so I won't need it! and it also says the free download is not available to with presale tickets and that really sucks because we are the true fans and we don't get it!?Huh Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Which venue did you read this on? All tickets purchased online come with a digital download of the album, including presale tickets. Digital download links will come by email next week upon the release of the album. Watch Mellencamp.com and your email for updates!

lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 01:30:00 pm »

I click on the picture of John on my ticket master confirmation, that takes me to the Sony Centre Page with info about the show up here in Toronto and at the bottom of that page in a box it says Free Download the last paragraph clearly says "not valid for fans who purchased tickets through the mellencamp store presale or TM+ tickets"
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »

I click on the picture of John on my ticket master confirmation, that takes me to the Sony Centre Page with info about the show up here in Toronto and at the bottom of that page in a box it says Free Download the last paragraph clearly says "not valid for fans who purchased tickets through the mellencamp store presale or TM+ tickets"

Gotcha, that text referred to a presale that was going to be offered through MyPlayDirect, not Mellencamp.com. But that didn't happen as it was originally planned. Not sure what Ticketmaster+ tickets are.

If you don't get a download code next week email your order confirmation to [email protected] and I will assist.

lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 01:37:56 pm »

OK will do thanks for helping
sweetlight
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 10:19:54 pm »

Ticketmaster+ tickets are resale tickets (offered via TM, usually at a hefty markup, for some shows) so it stands to reason those would not come with the download.
jann

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 07:48:21 pm »

So.... I bought two tickets in the presale on Thursday (over the phone) from the Madison Overture Center-- the venue that is hosting John's June 2nd concert. 

Do I still get an email with the downloads?  Or does it have to be an online purchase?  My phone was not cooperating for buying online and I couldn't use my work computer to purchase the tickets...  I had to wait for the Overture ticket office to hook me up with tickets via a phone order.

Thanks,

Jann
jann

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 07:51:32 pm »

I meant to say TUESDAY, not Thursday... not that it matters.  But I was chomping at the bit to buy my tickets Wink
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 08:55:46 pm »

So.... I bought two tickets in the presale on Thursday (over the phone) from the Madison Overture Center-- the venue that is hosting John's June 2nd concert. 

Do I still get an email with the downloads?  Or does it have to be an online purchase?  My phone was not cooperating for buying online and I couldn't use my work computer to purchase the tickets...  I had to wait for the Overture ticket office to hook me up with tickets via a phone order.

Thanks,

Jann

This is what we have been told and what we have on Mellencamp.com

Included with each ticket purchased for the 2015 North American Tour is a digital download of John's new album Plain Spoken! Share your digital download codes with your family and friends that are attending the concert! The album is released NEXT Tuesday, September 23rd.

One download code per ticket for online and phone purchases only; does not apply to box office or outlet ticket purchases. This promotion is available until August 4th, 2015 and is valid for United States and Canadian residents only. Ticket buyers will receive an email from Republic Records once the album has been released and the download is ready. Purchases after Sept. 23 will receive the download within 7 days of order.

ManyMellonMoons

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 10:37:35 am »

So, this information still does not address if pre-sale ticket buyers will get the download. The vinyl LP release will be at my house tomorrow, but it would have been nice to download it.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 10:59:40 am »

So, this information still does not address if pre-sale ticket buyers will get the download. The vinyl LP release will be at my house tomorrow, but it would have been nice to download it.

All ticket purchasers should get a link to download the album this week, regardless if if they bought in the public on sale or pre sale.

shakeyjrc
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 09:39:17 am »

Why couldn't they give fans at least a free download at the quality of ITunes at 256kbps?

160kbps is a joke especially when the best album listening experience at 96khz 24 bit at HDtracks.com is 4,608 Kbps.

CD quality is 1,411 Kbps.
taz7676
Christine
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 11:30:57 am »

Anyone else having a problem opening the file?

Christine B.
Little pink houses for you and me...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: