John Mellencamp Community
April 20, 2024, 08:57:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JM Newsletter: Trouble No More Live Album Announced  (Read 4349 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2014, 08:47:52 am »

JOHN MELLENCAMP PERFORMS TROUBLE NO MORE LIVE AT TOWN HALL AVAILABLE JULY 8
John Mellencamp Performs Trouble No More Live At Town Hall documents John performing material from his 2003 studio album Trouble No More, a collection of classic folk and blues songs that had been an inspiration to, and influence on, Mellencamp. The live album comes from a July 31, 2003 New York City show at Town Hall, one of only two shows performed upon the release of Trouble No More. The album, to be released on July 8, 2014, features many of the songs from the Trouble No More album as well as rootsy versions of Mellencamp classics "Small Town" "Paper In Fire" and "Pink Houses", along with an inspired cover of Bob Dylan's "Highway 61 Revisited."

John Mellencamp released the album Trouble No More back in June 2003. The album featured Mellencamp and his band’s spirited take on 11 American folk and blues classics including Robert Johnson’s “Stones In My Passway,” Son House’s “Death Letter,” Woody Guthrie’s “Johnny Hart,” Willie Dixon’s “Down In The Bottom,” Lucinda Williams’ “Lafayette,” and several others. The album was recorded and mixed in just 17 days, capturing the sessions’ bounding energy. The release was received with universal critical acclaim and a No. 1 debut on Billboard’s Blues chart.

The CD and digital audio packages both feature the complete 15-song concert, while the vinyl LP highlights 10 performances from the show. All three configurations include a new liner notes essay by Bob Merlis and are available now for pre-order at Amazon.com. Read the complete press release on Mellencamp.com

John Mellencamp Performs Trouble No More Live At Town Hall [CD, digital versions]
1. Stones In My Passway (Robert Johnson)
2. Death Letter (Son House)
3. To Washington (John Mellencamp/Traditional)
4. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob Dylan)
5. Baltimore Oriole (Hoagy Carmichael/Paul Francis Webster)
6. Joliet Bound (Kansas Joe McCoy)
7. Down In The Bottom (Willie Dixon)
8. Johnny Hart (Woody Guthrie)
9. Diamond Joe (John Mellencamp/Traditional)
10. John The Revelator (Traditional)
11. Small Town (John Mellencamp)
12. Lafayette (Lucinda Williams)
13. Teardrops Will Fall (Marion Smith)
14. Paper In Fire (John Mellencamp)
15. Pink Houses (John Mellencamp)

John Mellencamp Performs Trouble No More Live At Town Hall [vinyl version]
Side One
1. Stones In My Passway (Robert Johnson)
2. Death Letter (Son House)
3. Joliet Bound (Kansas Joe McCoy)
4. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob Dylan)
5. Baltimore Oriole (Hoagy Carmichael/Paul Francis Webster)
Side Two
6. Diamond Joe (John Mellencamp/Traditional)
7. Down In The Bottom (Willie Dixon)
8. Small Town (John Mellencamp)
9. Paper In Fire (John Mellencamp)
10. Pink Houses (John Mellencamp)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

GHOST BROTHERS OF DARKLAND COUNTY TICKET DETAILS
AEG Live has announced the southern gothic, supernatural musical Ghost Brothers of Darkland County will tour across North America this Fall. The tour kicks off right outside Bangor, ME at the Collins Center For The Arts in Orono, ME, on November 8, travelling through cities such as Toronto, Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles before wrapping in San Francisco on December 5. 

Mellencamp.com pre-sale begins Wednesday, June 18th at 10am ET with public on sale for the performances June 20 at www.axs.com unless otherwise noted below. Head to Mellencamp.com to read the complete press release and for more details on the production.

NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES 
Nov 8 Orono, ME Collins Center For The Arts 
Nov 9 Orono, ME Collins Center For The Arts 
Nov 13 Philadelphia, PA Merriam Theatre +
Nov 14 Durham, NC Durham Performing Arts Center %
Nov 16 Baltimore, MD The Modell Performing Arts Center at the Lyric 
Nov 18 Red Bank, NJ Count Basie Theatre #
Nov 20 Portland, ME Merrill Auditorium @
Nov 21 Boston, MA Emerson Colonial Theatre 
Nov 22 Providence, RI The VETS ^
Nov 24 New York, NY Beacon Theatre 
Nov 26 Detroit, MI Fisher Theatre 
Nov 28 Chicago, IL Broadway in Chicago’s Oriental Theatre 
Nov 29 St. Louis, MO Peabody Opera House 
Dec 1 Denver, CO Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre 
Dec 3 Phoenix, AZ Orpheum Theatre 
Dec 4 Los Angeles, CA Saban Theatre 
Dec 5 San Francisco, CA SHN Curran Theatre

+  - pre-sale June 24th @ 10am ET/public on sale June 27th @ 10am ET 
% - pre-sale June 17th @ 10am ET
#  - pre-sale June 16th @ 12pm/public on sale June 20 @ 12pm ET
@ - public on sale June 20th @ 12pm ET
^  - pre-sale June 17th @ 10am ET/public on sale June 19th @ 10am ET

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

REPUBLIC RECORDS ANNOUNCES HISTORIC LIFETIME RECORDING CONTRACT WITH JOHN - NEW ALBUM PLAIN SPOKEN AVAILABLE FALL 2014
Republic Records announced an unprecedented "lifetime" recording contract with John Mellencamp. “The Voice of the Heartland” has touched the hearts and souls of music listeners and influenced American culture with enduring songs. He will release his 22nd full-length album this fall, Plain Spoken, a stunningly elegant and soul-searching gem. 

Republic Records co-founder and chief executive Monte Lipman commented, “Not only has he served as an ambassador of social consciousness in America, but he has also provided the soundtrack of a generation. We’re thrilled to be working with John Mellencamp as part of this historic deal.” View a larger photo of the album and read the complete press release on Mellencamp.com.

MELLENCAMP.COM STORE OFFERS BOXED SET + TEE BUNDLES

The Mellencamp.com Official Store is offering two bundles that include both the 19 CD boxed set John Mellencamp 1978-2012 and either a Men's or Women's version of the Big John Tee at a special price.

Thank you for your continued support!!

TonyB & SharonC - The Mellencamp.com Web Team - [email protected]

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: