John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 02:22:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there an update on the progress of the new album?  (Read 9902 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:59:50 pm »

Since John did write more than 80 songs for the new record, is it possible the new album could be a double album?  Wouldn't that be exciting?

No Better Than This is still one of my favourites from John and I hope the new album is a rocker but still has some of that "darkness" mixed in.

Would it be possible to get some news on the new album's progress?

Mike 

kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 05:53:25 pm »

I'm so hoping this is a double album, can't come soon enough, the waiting sucks.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:11:37 am »

Since John did write more than 80 songs for the new record, is it possible the new album could be a double album?  Wouldn't that be exciting?

No Better Than This is still one of my favourites from John and I hope the new album is a rocker but still has some of that "darkness" mixed in.

Would it be possible to get some news on the new album's progress?

Work has begun on the album, but I haven't been given a detailed update. Work is expected to continue with it hopefully finished by Summertime. The tentative plan is for it to come out later in the year, probably last quarter. But plans don't get set until John has an album he is satisfied with.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 07:24:26 pm »

Thanks for that update Tony!  We'll wait patiently and enjoy listening to the new box set.

Mike
kstucker
K-Stu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 09:36:38 am »

Cannot wait for the new album and tour to follow!!!!!!!!!! Smiley
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 03:03:04 pm »

Good to hear all this activity happening!
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 08:21:34 am »

the press release from the record company says, itīs going to be an "elegant and soul-searching gem".

have any sounds been leaking out of Belmont Studio? did they do all recording there or move to other studios as well?
were Lily and Madeleine Jurkiewicz involved?

"Soul-searching" and the live album from the "Trouble No More" tour with all these blues songs.
it looks like the black influence in Johnīs music has returned very strong.
Very exciting! I am looking very much forward to the upcoming releases.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: