John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 01:23:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pete  (Read 4243 times)
jhendrix53
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2014, 11:23:16 pm »

Mr. Mellencamp,

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your close friend.  The impact of Pete Seegers's music in our lives will be felt and remembered..  It has been said, we die twice.  Once when the spirit leaves our bodies, and, when the last person we know, says our name...  as long as there are those who still remember, he shall live on..  We are all of that age where our most loved are moving on, and it is difficult to accept.  It hardly seems real, although generations before have felt the same..it just happens that, it's our time....  Our time is now. 

John, I hope you read this, and, I hope you understand how meaningful the work you have done in your life affects others...  Please consider touring again, I would love for my family to experience the impact you have made on my life, and those around me.  Come to Northern California!   I'll buy you a steak and a beer!

Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:32:11 pm »

Pete Seeger's music will live on.  He was such a respected musician and songwriter and man.  Seeger influence many artists including Bruce Springsteen, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp and many more.  I'm sure that even though Pete is gone, he will continue to influence artists.

Mike 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: