John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 03:52:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada 2014 tour  (Read 8741 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2013, 11:38:32 am »

As stated John will be doing a huge US and Canada tour in 2014 with a new album under his belt.  I hope he does come back to Vancouver.  I'm sure we'll start seeing tour date new very soon.  Right Tony?

Mike 
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 08:31:01 am »

As stated John will be doing a huge US and Canada tour in 2014 with a new album under his belt.  I hope he does come back to Vancouver.  I'm sure we'll start seeing tour date new very soon.  Right Tony?
Mike 

Sorry to be a downer but I think we are a long ways off from a tour announcement. John plans to tour in support of his next album, but naturally that means he first needs to record, mix, master, create title and artwork (several months at a very minimum). Then the release has to be scheduled and the promotion plan for the release (TV, interviews, contests). That can't be done until the album is done. So the planning of the tour really can't start until those 2 things are either complete or mostly complete.

Long story short, don't be looking for any tour dates until the 2nd half of 2014 in the very best case scenario.

The good news is work begins in earnest with the band on the album in January so lets all cross our fingers that the recordings go well and everyone is happy with it so we can move on to the other phases.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:44:04 pm »

That would be a great way to start off the new year!!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 11:24:12 am »

I know I was getting ahead of myself but the news about a tour and new album really got me excited.  I'm sure we'll be getting updates as we move into the new year.  In the meantime we can all enjoy the box set of all John's albums and Ghost Brothers.

Mike 
bradsanders56
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 11:44:51 am »

Mike 

Sorry to be a downer but I think we are a long ways off from a tour announcement. John plans to tour in support of his next album, but naturally that means he first needs to record, mix, master, create title and artwork (several months at a very minimum). Then the release has to be scheduled and the promotion plan for the release (TV, interviews, contests). That can't be done until the album is done. So the planning of the tour really can't start until those 2 things are either complete or mostly complete.

Long story short, don't be looking for any tour dates until the 2nd half of 2014 in the very best case scenario.

The good news is work begins in earnest with the band on the album in January so lets all cross our fingers that the recordings go well and everyone is happy with it so we can move on to the other phases.

Tony, you are "the source" for all good JM info.  Thanks man.  I hope you had a great Christmas and all your turkeys are fat and healthy(if you still are raising them).

Thank God for Forgiveness
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: