John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 12:30:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Farm Aid photo  (Read 8352 times)
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2013, 10:25:45 am »

Here is my favorite memory of Farm Aid in September, John announcing this unexpected special guest and one of his heroes growing up.  The appearance of 94 year old Pete Seeger was a special moment no one in the audience will ever forget.  The tears were flowing, from audience and media alike, as the whole crowd sang his legendary "This Land is Your Land" and "If I Had a Hammer".  

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 05:08:54 pm by mitch1982 » Logged
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 09:14:34 pm »

Great moment!!!! I love it too!
I found the video! I love how everyone is singing along!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt9jWoXmrLw

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 07:51:38 am »

Thanks, and agreed it was so special!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: