John Mellencamp Community
April 19, 2024, 02:03:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello? I guess that people don't come here much any more.  (Read 27641 times)
AlexKx
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2013, 09:42:42 am »

Hello?    I guess that people do not come here much any more.    I was wondering if you read this post if you could see the last one I did for the topic about how "ICON - Nothin' Like I Planned: Greatest Hits Volume 3" is not the correct volume number.    Otherwise there is nothing wrong with the compilation.     It's just odd to say the least and very misleading.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 01:43:58 am »

I'm alway checking in.  Ghost Brother's Of Darkland County CD/DVD was just released and sounds absolutely fabulous.  A new album is in the works.  We've got some things to look forward to.

Mike
AlexKx
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 01:55:43 pm »

Why in the HELL did you respond to my post and not answer the question?!     Does anyone here care about what I asked?!     Wow.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 08:50:36 am »

AlexKx, See Tony's response to your questions about ICON - Nothin' Like I Planned on the
"So what's the deal with "ICON" being "Greatest Hits 3"?! How's that work?!" post.  If that still doesn't answer your question, send Tony a private message with all your questions.

Mike
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:20:28 am by Smalltownboy » Logged
AlexKx
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 09:52:40 am »

Wow!    Why can't we talk about it here?!    SO what's your opinion about the compilation being called "Volume 3" when there is not a volume one or two!     Duh!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 08:43:32 am »

Since I already have pretty much all of John's album, I don't bother buying "Greatest Hits" packages.

Here's what Tony wrote in another post to answer your question. 

Quote "The versions on ICON are the same as on other/previous greatest hits. I haven't had an in depth conversation with John's manager about the release but my understanding is these days these types of repackagings really help get a title into retail stores due to their ever shrinking music spaces. I am assuming the volume 3 is based on the 2 earlier volumes of GH that Universal/UMe have released, the two you reference. I assume the repeats of tracks have more to do with wanting to get a title that stores will want on the shelves."

Mike
AlexKx
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 10:53:23 am »

Wow there is some weird communication problem going on here!     Did I not already say that I read this response that you copied and pasted?     Since it is not all about YOU what are YOUR thoughts on the "ICON" compilation being called a "Volume 3" when there are not any previous volumes for everyone else?!    

The example given of "Oh well there are two other single disc compilations" does NOT work because half of the ICON compilation for John Mellencamp draws from the same songs of the ones given as some sort of example as somehow being the first two volumes to this set.    

Naw dog.    Really I want to know why there is no care about this.    I am not the only one.    Check it out at Amazon.com.     I honestly do not know anyone else who has numbered a project as a "volume" or what have you that over laps with previous releases and a fan community and organization that have both been oblivious to this and don't give a damn about their product or misleading people!      It's false advertisement!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:55:16 am by AlexKx » Logged
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 07:25:22 pm »

Perhaps you should contact the label that that released it.  They could possibly shed some more light on this topic.  Tony, to the best of his knowledge has provided you with what sounds like a reasonable answer.  as fans of john's music we aren't privy to all the business decisions that are made in terms of song selection, packaging and titles. 

Whoever decided to call it Volume 3 obviously wasn't using much imagination. 

There's not a lot of talk about it here because it's of not much interest would be my guess.  Personally, I don't buy a lot of music online.   

Perhaps you could send Tony a message for him to get in touch with John's manager for an in-depth perspective on the series and the decisions that are made.  That might generate some interest here.

Mike

AlexKx
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 10:49:17 pm »

Lol.    Who in the hell is that?    I don't think I or anyone should have to play games with those who have connections, right?    This is bizarre.    What is this the mob?!    Don't shoot the messenger!     You really think the answer of whoever that was made SENSE?!     Lol.   They're just making shit up!     What's wrong with me doing that at the least then?    Wow.    No one has to be "privy to business decisions" as you attempt to mock me for inquiring about this absurdity of a product and the behavior of people in reacting to it.    I personally think I AM generating interest here.    Have you looked at the reviews on Amazon.com yet or do they not matter to you either since you are also making up crap.   
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 09:45:31 am »

Why did you buy the product if you think it is absurd?  Why are you the only one here on John's website complaining about it?  There have been no other comments on this topic by anyone else on John's forum complaining of the product.  Tony has given you the answer to your question and yet you still go on and on.  Return the product to Amazon and get your money back if you are that unhappy with it.  Doesn't that make sense?

Let me also add, yes I agree that it is stilly to call it Volume 3 when there is no Volume 1 or Volume 2.  Some record executives weren't thinking when the made that decision.

Mike
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 12:26:39 pm by Smalltownboy » Logged
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 01:06:20 pm »

If anyone has a copy of Traveling Willbury's volume 2 please contact me.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
AlexKx
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 09:39:41 pm »

Whoa!    SURELY you do not have problem with MY answers right?      One I did NOT buy it anywhere so please stop trying to manipulate the situation in order to make accusations at me and TWO I have for twenty years owned "The Traveling Wilburys Volume 3".     That was done as a joke.    This IS significant because a major recording artist has released a successful compilation part of a popular series that has a false title.    That's all.    Smiley
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 10:58:22 pm »

Well it doesn't seem to be that significant if you are the only person crying about it. Allow me to give you a bit of advice.....don't buy it.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
susan_shanks
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 07:16:00 pm »

We all used to be happy, happy, happy, on these boards....what happened?  Shocked
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 07:49:42 am »

I for one, miss CCB~  met a lot of good people @ the NYC shows from the board.
Many of them no longer post.  It was about the music~ I long for those young girl days~~~~
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: