John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:45:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missoula, Montana  (Read 11880 times)
fourloops
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2010, 11:47:59 am »

Anyone going to Missoula on the 31st?  As a die-hard Mellenhead, I am so excited that John will be close to where I live for a change.  I have 9 other people (who I have converted to Mellenheads) going with me who have never seen him in concert before!  They will be die-hards after that too.  Just wish he were doing a longer set for the people who have not experienced the "full" concert experience before.

jcooprx
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 05:50:16 pm »

have a great time, can't wait to hear how your friends  like it~ Smiley

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

fourloops
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 10:46:49 am »

We will have a fantastic time!! Can't believe there are no Mellenheads in NW Montana - no one is responding to my request about who is going.  Bummer.  At least I will be there in full Mellenhead, Mellencamp Tramps glory!

jcooprx
fourloops
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 11:58:40 am »

An absolutely AWESOME show by John and his band.  Not much talking as he probably wanted to get as many songs in as he could.  They were on for an hour.  My friends who went with me who had never been to one of his concerts were blown away -- as were the other people I talked to around me who "liked" Mellencamp but had no idea what they were in for!  Without any effort (thanks to the presale tickets and that gate opening first) we were able to get right down by the stage.  Got several smiles from John and some of the band since I had on my infamous T-shirt that they always recognize.  Same setlist as the second Troutdale show and "Take Some Time to Dream", while unfamiliar to most, was clearly a standout for all.  Now that I've had my first Mellencamp "fix" in 2 years, I think I might make it to the next leg of the NBTT tour - hopefully he will be out west.  There is a great small theater (a historic landmark) called the Wilma which would be great for that show!  Tony, pass the word.

Only stayed for a few Dylan songs because I had never seen him before and wanted to see a real legend live.  With John, the legend continues and I think I have seen him 16-18 times but it NEVER gets old!  Nor does he  Smiley

jcooprx
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 12:35:31 pm »

An absolutely AWESOME show by John and his band.  Not much talking as he probably wanted to get as many songs in as he could.  They were on for an hour.  My friends who went with me who had never been to one of his concerts were blown away -- as were the other people I talked to around me who "liked" Mellencamp but had no idea what they were in for! 

That's what I'm talking about!

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
fourloops
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 05:41:34 pm »

EXACTLY.  Now some of my friends don't think I am so strange about hitting as many Mellencamp shows as I can.   Most are onboard!  You just can never get enough of John and the band.

jcooprx
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: