John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 03:23:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Farm Aid 2013 Coming To Saratoga Springs, NY Sept. 21st  (Read 12392 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2013, 06:48:57 am »

Farm Aid 2013 Coming To Saratoga Springs, NY September 21st
06.13.2013 - Farrm Aid announced today that its annual benefit concert will return to the Northeast on Saturday, Sept. 21, taking place at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.

The event will be headlined by performances from Farm Aid Board members Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews. More artists are expected to be announced in the near future. Tickets will go on sale Friday June 28 at 10 AM EDT via Ticketmaster.com. FarmAid.org will be holding a pre-sale for their members and we hope to offer a Mellencamp.com pre-sale as well. Please watch our TOUR page for more details.

This will be the second Farm Aid concert in NY that shines a spotlight on the entire Northeast region of the country. The Northeast, and NY in particular, is fertile ground for the new, beginning farmer movement and a proving ground for how local and regional food systems can improve our local communities, economies and natural resources. Click "Read More" for the official Press Release.

FARM AID MUSIC AND FOOD FESTIVAL HEADS TO NEW YORK ON SEPT. 21

Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews to headline Farm Aid 2013 at Saratoga Performing Arts Center Saratoga Springs, N.Y.

— Farm Aid announced today that its annual benefit concert will return to the Northeast on Saturday, Sept. 21, taking place at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.

"In New York and across the Northeast, family farmers are pioneering change in our farm and food system. This region has strong agricultural roots and offers fertile ground for new farmers and sustainable agriculture," said Farm Aid President Willie Nelson. "On the Farm Aid stage in September, we’ll celebrate the hard work of family farmers and support their efforts to grow strong and healthy communities for all of us."

Farm Aid 2013 will feature Farm Aid board members Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Neil Young and Dave Matthews. Additional artists will be announced soon. The concert benefits and promotes Farm Aid’s mission to keep family farmers on the land, strengthen and revitalize America’s food system, and support the growth of the Good Food Movement — the growing number of people seeking local, organic, humanely raised and family farm-identified food.

Farm Aid 2013 will be an all-day music and food festival featuring a unique mashup of artists and genres on the stage and serving concert-goers family farm-identified, local and organic foods with its own HOMEGROWN Concessions®. In Farm Aid’s HOMEGROWN Village, concertgoers will have the chance to meet farmers, engage in hands-on food and farm activities, and learn about the ways family farmers are enriching our soil, protecting our water and growing our economy, in addition to bringing us good food for good health.

"New York is pleased to host Farm Aid’s annual benefit concert this September in Saratoga Springs," Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said. "This star-studded event will support Farm Aid’s mission to promote family farmers and healthy eating, as well as raise awareness about the important role farms play in our economy and culture. Here in New York, we are continuing to grow our state’s vibrant agricultural industry through initiatives such as the FreshConnect program, which provides more avenues like farmers markets to connect New Yorkers with Farm Aid 2013, page 2

fresh, affordable and locally grown food products. We are also making important investments in regional food distribution hubs and marketing efforts like Taste NY to promote New York-made agricultural products and niche industries such as yogurt and wine, beer and spirits. New York is committed to its farmers, and so I commend Farm Aid for their work in helping farmers all across the nation flourish."

Farm Aid has long collaborated with and supported organizations and organizers in the Northeast who are growing the Good Food Movement. Many of the region’s farmers have been served by Farm Aid’s hotline and Farmer Resource Network. Over the past 28 years, Farm Aid has made grants of more than $2.5 million in the Northeast region — nearly half a million in New York alone — supporting programs that expand access to family farm food and grow new markets for farmers, create change in the food system, and help farmers thrive.

"Over a year ago, several of my colleagues and I first hoped out loud that Farm Aid would come to New York State to celebrate and support our hard-working family farmers," said Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY). "I am so pleased that Willie Nelson and Farm Aid have chosen New York to showcase the finest music talent in the world alongside our New York family farmers, who are producing some of the best dairy products and fresh fruits and vegetables in the world."

Tickets for Farm Aid 2013 will go on sale Friday, June 28, at 10 a.m. EDT. Tickets will be available at www.ticketmaster.com and through the Farm Aid member pre-sale beginning June 18 at www.farmaid.org.

"Saratoga Performing Arts Center is tremendously proud and excited to host the 2013 Farm Aid music and food festival at our historic outdoor venue," said Marcia J. White, SPAC’s president and executive director. "Over the past 48 years, SPAC’s stage has been at the center of countless legendary concerts and live music events; Farm Aid may top them all with its superstar lineup of artists fueled by the crucial mission of promoting and supporting family farms, healthy eating and strong communities. SPAC itself is surrounded by a greenbelt of nearly 75,000 acres of beautiful, fertile Saratoga County farmland. The opportunity to be part of an event that will benefit these neighbors and farmers across America represents a defining moment in SPAC’s history."

Farm Aid welcomes the participation of the local business community and offers corporate sponsorship opportunities. For more information, contact Glenda Yoder at [email protected].

For concert updates, follow Farm Aid on Twitter (@farmaid) and on Facebook (www.facebook.com/farmaid), and visit www.farmaid.org/concert.

Farm Aid’s mission is to build a vibrant, family farm-centered system of agriculture in America. Farm Aid artists and board members Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews host an annual concert to raise funds to support Farm Aid’s work with family farmers and to inspire people to choose family farm food. Since 1985, Farm Aid, with the support of the artists who contribute their performances each year, has raised more than $43 million to support programs that help farmers thrive, expand the reach of the Good Food Movement, take action to change the dominant system of industrial agriculture and promote food from family farms.

–30–

**Editors and Producers Note: Advance credentials are required for all media to attend Farm Aid 2013. Please visit www.farmaid.org/media by Thursday, Sept.12, to apply. Media can download official Farm Aid photos and videos at www.farmaid.org/media.**

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:57:25 pm by sharonc » Logged
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 09:06:03 am »

That awesome! In my home state! I am so excited! Grin Grin
lemerick
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 10:36:21 am »

OMG! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Will presale codes be posted???
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 10:41:52 am »

Ready to make the road trip from Toronto, will be a great day!
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 11:17:23 am »

I got our tickets, I am so excited!  Grin
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 11:34:52 am »

I got our tickets, I am so excited!  Grin
Have mine too!  See you there, very exciting.
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 12:56:36 pm »

I have been hearing the Farm Aid commercial for the concert mentioned on the radio. Really cool!  Grin
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 03:38:49 pm »

Sold out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: