John Mellencamp Community
April 19, 2024, 04:55:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Cougar..  (Read 3640 times)
skyder
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2013, 03:40:18 am »

Hello everyone,

(I'm gonna try to make this as short & sweet as possible.....If ya'll could too!!!!)
My name is Schuyler Benjamin and I am 22 years old, currently out of Detroit, MI. I am from Indianapolis, IN and was born and raised there from August of 1990 to my 7th grade year of middle school. I am currently posting here, reaching out to ya'll, whatever you may call it, but I have yet to contact the make-a-wish-foundation for my father, whom has been the biggest john cougar fan to this day, about granting my dad's #1 on his bucket list. You see, about 7 months ago my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. (at age 46) The cancer he was diagnosed with was a very rare, genetic cell that he had happened to be born with. One day, he would have developed this cancer, no ifs ands or buts. Bile Duct Cancer, Stage 4, had been slowly taking over my dad's life. This was the total unthinkable, unimaginable, no way this could ever happen to me, happening to me right now.. My dad had chaperoned my younger step-siblings to their elementary school-roller-skating event, some time before his diagnosis, and over this so-say year, to given maybe 2 years, my dad had undergone 3 spine surgeries, to help fix and re-construct broken back. He had broken his spine in 2 places, in which to the best of my knowledge were the L4 & L5, while out at this event. To boil this down, to help me mentally grasp this myself, I would do anything, give up anything, or pay anything to have my dad either privately get attended by John Cougar himself (this is my dad's total #1 on his bucket list, and being his only child, being raised by him from day 1, and have moved to Michigan semi-forcefully via Ford Motor Company, from my home & heartland Indianapolis...JOHN COUGAR & TOM PETTY, COME ON!!!!!!!!!)  PLEASE REACH OUT TO ME AND DO WHATEVER YOU CAN DO TO MAKE THIS WISH COME TRUE!! YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WILL HAVE TOUCHED SUCH A FAMILY, BETTER YET; SUCH A FATHER & SON....

Much appreciation & love,
Schuyler Benjamin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: