John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 01:08:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Mellencamp To Headline Bob Costas Benefit In St. Louis, April 20, 2013  (Read 8553 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2013, 09:33:46 am »

John Mellencamp To Headline Bob Costas Benefit In St. Louis, April 20, 2013
 John Mellencamp will highlight the 25th Annual Bob Costas Benefit for SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center on Saturday, April 20, at 8 p.m. at the Fox Theatre.

John Mellencamp and band will be returning to the Costas Benefit stage and are expected to perform a set that draws from his extensive catalog of classic songs. John previously performed at the Costas benefit in 2004.

Tickets are on sale now and may be purchased by calling 314-577-5605 or online at www.glennon.org. Sponsorship levels, which include pre-show dinner options, are also available by contacting the Foundation office at 314-577-5605. For more details please visit Mellencamp.com.

About the Bob Costas Cancer Center: All proceeds from the event will benefit the Bob Costas Cancer Center at Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center. For more than 40 years, Cardinal Glennon has made a mission of caring for children, regardless of their medical condition or social, religious, ethnic or economic backgrounds. The Bob Costas Cancer Center was named to honor Bob Costas for his dedication to the children of St. Louis and beyond.

About Bob Costas: Bob, a Mellencamp fan since the 1980's who has interviewed John on several occasions, has been one of the most valuable assets at NBC since he joined the network in 1979. He has hosted or called just about every major sporting event, including the Olympics, the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby, U.S. Open Golf Championships, the World Series, and the NBA Finals. He is well known as NBC’s primetime host of the Olympics, with this past summer’s London festivities marking his tenth Olympics.  

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

John Mellencamp to Headline the MJ&M Gala Night April 11, 2013
John along with his full band will headline the MJ&M Gala Night on April 11, 2013 at ACL Live at the Moody Theater as part of MJ&M’s inaugural, two-day event in Austin, Texas.  The Mack, Jack & McConaughey (MJ&M), is a joint fundraising effort of actor Matthew McConaughey, musician Jack Ingram and The University of Texas Head Football Coach Mack Brown that works to impact the lives of kids by investing in programs dedicated to empowering children. Opening for John Mellencamp will be Austin’s very own Dale Watson. Last year Dale was part of the cast in the Atlanta stage production of Ghost Brothers of Darkland County.

“John is one of my all-time favorite musicians and a man I call a friend,” said McConaughey. “He’s someone who has put his best foot forward to help others in need and I am honored and proud to havehim perform at this event.”

Tickets are on sale now via www.acl-live.com
Click HERE to read the official press release on Mellencamp.com and click
HERE for complete ticket information and to find out more about the MJ&M foundation. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ghost Brothers Of Darkland County Recording Set For Release June 4, 2013

Hear Music/Concord Music Group is proud to release the all-star recording of Ghost Brothers of Darkland County, a southern gothic supernatural musical from co-conspirators Stephen King, John Mellencamp and T Bone Burnett. This extraordinary collaboration features original music and lyrics plus key dialog excerpts performed by a stellar cast of guest artists including Elvis Costello, Rosanne Cash, Sheryl Crow, Neko Case, Taj Mahal, Ryan Bingham and Kris Kristofferson, along with actors Matthew McConaughey, Samantha Mathis and Meg Ryan. Click HERE for the complete press release, track listing and a streaming of the track "It's Me" off the release sung by Elvis Costello. Watch for more details about the release and the various package configurations that will be offered as the release date draws nearer.

As always, thank you for your continued support!!

TonyB & SharonC - The Mellencamp.com Web Team - [email protected]

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
bradsanders56
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 01:34:25 pm »

I hope he does a few more shows for kicks. I hope he has a LARGE time doing so.  Then, I hope he does even more shows.

Thank God for Forgiveness
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 06:17:53 pm »

im glad to see john is doing something good such as benefit shows.  however, i wouldnt call them kicks. theyre for a good cause. and as far as being paid for it that would be unfathomable as they are to help and serve. and i am glad to see that john is doing something worthwhile for a change.
Vicart
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 07:46:57 pm »

LIKE I SAID, PLEASE COME TO LONDON?Huh?
LordWolf
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 12:31:03 am »

Would you think JM would be amiable to sign my Gas Tank on a 91 Harley after the show. Been a Fan since he first started. Always on K-SHE back in the day in St. Louis. He's partial to Motorcycles. Could you put in a good word for me. Or provided you ,JM and manager, read blogs daily. My Harley is my pride and joy. And your American Spirit would be represented proudly and cherished by the honor of your signing. Looking forward to benefit and show!!!
                                              Rock and Blues On JM
                                                  Regards, Barry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: