John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:46:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Mellencamp to Headline the MJ&M Gala Night April 11, 2013  (Read 20467 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2013, 04:50:14 pm »

John along with his full band will headline the MJ&M Gala Night on April 11, 2013 at ACL Live at the Moody Theater as part of MJ&M’s inaugural, two-day event in Austin, Texas. The Mack, Jack & McConaughey (MJ&M), is a joint fundraising effort of actor Matthew McConaughey, musician Jack Ingram and The University of Texas Head Football Coach Mack Brown that works to impact the lives of kids by investing in programs dedicated to empowering children. Opening for John Mellencamp will be Austin’s very own Dale Watson. Last year Dale was part of the cast in the Atlanta stage production of Ghost Brothers of Darkland County.

“John is one of my all-time favorite musicians and a man I call a friend,” said McConaughey. “He’s someone who has put his best foot forward to help others in need and I am honored and proud to have him perform at this event.”

Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 1 at 10am CST via www.acl-live.com Click "Read More" to read the official press release on Mellencamp.com and click HERE to find out more about the MJ&M foundation.

Official Press Release: Mack, Jack & McConaughey Announce John Mellencamp to Headline its Gala Night at ACL Live at the Moody Theater
MJ&M Events in Austin, Texas to Benefit Children’s Charities Across the United States

Mack, Jack & McConaughey (MJ&M), the joint fundraising effort of actor Matthew McConaughey, recording artist Jack Ingram, and The University of Texas Head Football Coach Mack Brown, announced today that Grammy Award-winning artist John Mellencamp will headline its Gala Night on April 11, 2013 as part of MJ&M’s inaugural, two-day event in Austin, Texas. Opening for John Mellencamp will be Austin’s very own Dale Watson.

MJ&M is the first ever joint fundraising effort by Mack, Jack, and Matthew and will support organizations that positively impact the lives of children from across the country. MJ&M will take place on April 11-12, 2013 with multiple celebrity-filled, one-of-a-kind events throughout Austin, including the MJ&M Gala Night on April 11 at ACL Live at The Moody Theater. Concert tickets will go on sale to the public this Friday, March 1, at 10 a.m. CST on www.ACL-Live.com.

“John is one of my all-time favorite musicians and a man I call a friend,” said McConaughey. “He’s someone who has put his best foot forward to help others in need and I am honored and proud to have him perform at this event.”

Over the course of a career that has spawned numerous hit records and platinum albums, John Mellencamp has been honored as the recipient of the Billboard Century Award, ASCAP Foundation's Champion Award, The Woody Guthrie Award, Q Magazine's Classic Songwriter Award, Americana Music Association's Lifetime Achievement Award for Songwriting, and the John Steinbeck Award. A Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Mellencamp has 13 Grammy nominations to his credit.

The Gala Night kicks off two days of events including the MJ&M Celebrity Classic Golf Tournament at Barton Creek Resort, an Exclusive Fashion Show with Lela Rose at Neiman Marcus, and a Jack & Friends concert at ACL Moody Theater with Jack Ingram featuring Kris Kristofferson on April 12. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, please contact [email protected].

MJ&M works to impact the lives of kids by investing in programs dedicated to empowering children. MJ&M proceeds support causes selected by Sally & Mack Brown, Amy & Jack Ingram, and Camila & Matthew McConaughey’s just keep livin foundation that sets up after school fitness and wellness programs in inner-city high schools.

About MJ&M:
MJ&M is a BIG effort, with BIG name celebrities, and BIG fun events, all with the mission to give back in a BIG way. By uniting forces, Sally & Mack Brown, Amy & Jack Ingram, and Camila & Matthew McConaughey will maximize their impact in supporting programs dedicated to empowering children across the nation.

MJ&M is a fiscal sponsorship fund of Communities Foundation of Texas. CFT is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and all contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:00:56 pm by sharonc » Logged
susan_shanks
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 07:01:01 pm »

WOW! Mack Brown is from my hometown, Cookeville, TN, and his brother Watson Brown is the head football coach at our local college, Tenn Tech Univ.

I've seen JM at the Moody theater....great experience!  Cheesy
LindaSue497
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 12:23:46 pm »

I have searched all sites for ticket information.  Went to "presale password" and it says "ENDED".  Password?  Ended since yesterday?!  I cannot find ticket info - price, packages, if there is, in fact, a pre-sale?  Would like to know details before the sale Friday.  I have worst ticket luck EVEH.  Thanks for any assistance.  Linda
bradsanders56
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 01:40:57 pm »

I hope he does a few more shows for kicks. I hope he has a LARGE time doing so.  Then, I hope he does even more shows.

Thank God for Forgiveness
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:27:43 am »

I have searched all sites for ticket information.  Went to "presale password" and it says "ENDED".  Password?  Ended since yesterday?!  I cannot find ticket info - price, packages, if there is, in fact, a pre-sale?  Would like to know details before the sale Friday.  I have worst ticket luck EVEH.  Thanks for any assistance.  Linda

The Mellencamp.com system is set up to say ENDED when there is no presale, and we are not having one for this event since it is not ours.

Tickets, as stated in the announcement, go on sale Friday via the ACL Live website.

Last we heard tickets were going to be $79 and $99 but our hunch is if you contact the charity there might be better tickets for larger donations.

We are unaware of a pre-sale at this time. There is some more information here: http://acl-live.com/calendar/2013/4/mack-jack-and-mcconaughey-day-1-2013

So far their official site is lacking information: http://mackjackmcconaughey.org/  but I believe they have a phone number you can call or an email address.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 06:41:21 pm »

We received a little more ticket info for the event, I quote them here:

The tickets are going to be on sale at 10am CST tomorrow on the ACL website at http://www.acl-live.com/calendar/2013/4/mack-jack-and-mcconaughey-day-1-2013

The tickets range from $59 to $79 for the balcony seating and $99 for floor tickets. The floor tickets are the closest to the stage.

If someone wanted to pay a little more to be in the VIP area in the Mezzanine level they can certainly contact our event coordinators in Austin. Sally Allen at JHL company would the best person to talk to [email protected]

heiho

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 11:59:54 pm »

My BFF (fellow Mellenhead) and I have tix and we can hardly wait!   We try to see John every year...sometimes traveling crazy distances to get to a concert together.  This one is at least in our home state ...

Do you know anything about the event?   Are we going to need to buy some fancy duds or will jeans and our pink houses t shirts suffice?   The term "gala opening " has us perplexed.  Regardless of attire, we will be rocking out!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 08:53:12 am »

My BFF (fellow Mellenhead) and I have tix and we can hardly wait!   We try to see John every year...sometimes traveling crazy distances to get to a concert together.  This one is at least in our home state ...

Do you know anything about the event?   Are we going to need to buy some fancy duds or will jeans and our pink houses t shirts suffice?   The term "gala opening " has us perplexed.  Regardless of attire, we will be rocking out!

I would email or call the charity. My hunch is that this, the first year, won't be that formal, especially with a general admission floor in front of the stage.

heiho

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 11:45:39 am »

;DThanks!  We have floor seats
Vicart

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 07:36:04 pm »

What about coming to London - lots of us here who would love to hear John in the flesh.... come to LONDON!!
Vicart

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 07:45:33 pm »

COME TO LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 09:42:17 am »

I know someone who is going this week. She is really looking forward to it
heiho

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 12:37:01 am »

Show was awesome!  John pulled Matthew McConaughey up on stage to sing R.O.C.K. in the USA.  He sang lots of the geat vintage Mellencamp hits-Small Town, Cherry Bomb, Paper in Fire, Jack and Diane, Crumblin Down, Authority Song...we loved the entire performance.  Definitely one of the best! Grin
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 11:22:37 am »

Anyone have pic's?  Please post for those of us who need a show!
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 11:33:50 am »

Glad those that attended had a great time.  I am always a little jealous when John is playing in a too far to travel to location, but hopefully he will play some shows in the southwest at some point this year.  I would love to see pics if anyone has them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: