John Mellencamp Community
April 18, 2024, 01:57:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: best concert ever!  (Read 7319 times)
paddythedog
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2013, 06:06:10 am »

i remember seeing john during the lonesome jubilee tour. i have seen many concerts over the years but this one blew all the others away! everyone in the band seemed to be so into the music it was a amazing!he came to a smaller city in Canada Hamilton Ontario and performed like no one else i had ever seen!I wish he would come back just so i could thank him for the greatest concert i have seen!
JesseJoe
One of the Crazy Ones...
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 05:16:03 am »

Saw him in {Moncton, New-Brunswick, Canada} July 3rd, 2012. Amazing concert, great sound... It was a (hot night in a cold town...lol) The Moncton Coliseum was packed, many people standing at the upper bowl all around. Been listening to John's music ever since "Jack & Diane came out in the 80's.  Smiley
Atlantic Canada loves you John !!! Cool

Someone shot a video of John doing Pink Houses, thought I would post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzSHQatF9M
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:59:31 am by JesseJoe » Logged

Well this earth is a graveyard it will swallow our bones, it was here long before us, it will be here when we're gone. ~JM~
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 08:15:45 am »

Housing Works, NYC~  Intimate bookstore setting, was a fundraiser for the bookstore and all the good that is done @ Housing Works.   $100 donation for the tickets included libations!  John and the Band were maybe 5 feet away.  Had the awesome pleasure of meeting so many mellenheads!  Cindy, Rhonda, Paula and many others were on a road trip to NY.  The Big Apple will never be the same!

It was a perfect night, good music, friends and all for a fantastic cause.  Probably one of the best shows I have ever been to.  The band was phenomenal!  One song in particular---One I die sudden.....kicked butt.     Such an intimate setting......wish that another one was ont he horizon!
houseofmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 01:14:20 pm »

I have seen John in concert over 50 times now in the past 30 years and every performance is unbelievable! One show that stands out was the April 26, 1986 concert at I.U. memorial stadium in Bloomington, In. during the Little 500 bicycle race weekend. It was a warm sunny day as we walked around the college town before the show. All the houses had their windows open with speakers sitting in them playing John's music. Every car driving down the road had the windows down and his music cranked. The entire town was a party! John started the show with his grandma Laura walking out to center stage and singing Grandma's Theme from the Scarecrow album, and then the band kicked into Small Town. The Whenever We Wanted tour of 1992 was fantastic too, but I also agree with the first post that the Lonesome Jubilee tour was on fire! I saw the opening night of that tour on Oct. 30, 1987 at the Hulman Center in Terre Haute, In. and John opened with Paper In Fire. He and his band were on top of the world. We saw two more shows for Lonesome Jubilee at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, In. on Dec. 10 & 13, 1987. But my favorite has got to be the final show of the Jubilee tour at the Indiana state fairgrounds on a hot sunny day July 2, 1988. The show was general admission and 45,000 people attended. I got there the day before the show and had a 34 hour wait.I took a couple peanut butter sandwiches and pop tarts to eat, but nothing to drink since that would lead to losing my spot to go to the bathroom as it got closer to showtime. I was first in line  at the gate, and not leaving for anything. I waited forever and dehydrated myself but it was all worth it. Near the end of the show during Pink Houses, John pointed at me in the front row to come up on stage. I leaped up and shook his hand for the first time, and then he walked me to his centerstage microphone. I remember the band playing behind me and John standing right beside me, and he started jamming on his acoustic guitar. I could not even make spit in my mouth, but I grabbed the mic and sang the last verse with all I had. That day will forever be one of the greatest in my life thanks to John!!   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: