John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 03:14:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Live album  (Read 7794 times)
MadeInDetroit
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2013, 05:59:52 pm »

I know John is true to his craft and he likely views a greatest hits "Live" album as lazy, however the way som of his classics have evolved over the years via the live experience, I think it would be great to have them around in a friendly format...
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 04:41:51 pm »

I agree. The No Better Than This Tour deserves to be preserved officially.
In the past live albums often did not equal the real live experience, it was always only a money making thing for artists. from the many live albums that the Stones or Dylan for example released, there is not one that was worth the money.
So I always understood John´s point of view.

but this changed with the modern dvds. I can imagine some great live footage from the past tour and I would be very happy to see an official release.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 11:47:23 am »

A live album would be cool.  John has never released a full length live album and with all the material John has released in his career, he could probably put a great live recording together.  

A new album from John would be even better.

Mike
NewYorker
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 07:13:11 pm »

He stated in one of the recent Radio in-person interviews, he was not really interested in doing a live album.
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 08:51:32 pm »

He stated in one of the recent Radio in-person interviews, he was not really interested in doing a live album.
i remember hearing that too new yorker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: