John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:31:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mellencamp News Withdrawal  (Read 19166 times)
bradsanders56
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2013, 01:21:45 pm »

Tony and/or Sharon,

Any good JM news on the horizon??  Or, are we stuck in a holding pattern?

Brad S

Thank God for Forgiveness
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:20:27 pm »

Smiley  my thoughts exactly....these boards were always
buzzing with something......!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 07:47:27 am »

Tony and/or Sharon,

Brad S

Right now it's all about getting the Ghost Brothers album and tour nailed down. Once that happens then I think John's attention will turn to his next move after that. It appears the Ghost Brothers's album release might be moving.

There has to be valleys between the peaks of working and touring, even for a work a holic like John. John's a super creative person, he is always creating whether we see the fruits of it immediately or down the line.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:17:30 am »

Thanks Tony.........
vtjcmfan
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 11:14:25 am »

Yes, Thank you Tony!
bradsanders56
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 01:16:03 pm »

Tony and/or Sharon,

Brad S

Right now it's all about getting the Ghost Brothers album and tour nailed down. Once that happens then I think John's attention will turn to his next move after that. It appears the Ghost Brothers's album release might be moving.

There has to be valleys between the peaks of working and touring, even for a work a holic like John. John's a super creative person, he is always creating whether we see the fruits of it immediately or down the line.

Thanks Tony. Does that mean the Ghostbrothers show is touring?

Brad

Thank God for Forgiveness
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 07:55:10 am »

Tony and/or Sharon,

Brad S

Thanks Tony. Does that mean the Ghostbrothers show is touring?

Brad

No not necessarily, I assume many of you saw that article a few weeks back that speculated that GB might tour as a radio play style show. That appears to be an option on the table, along with staging the musical in another large city. Those decisions are being made now. There seem to be a lot of options on the table and one of them will be chosen so the project can be experienced live in 2013.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 10:26:45 am »

No not necessarily, I assume many of you saw that article a few weeks back that speculated that GB might tour as a radio play style show. That appears to be an option on the table, along with staging the musical in another large city. Those decisions are being made now. There seem to be a lot of options on the table and one of them will be chosen so the project can be experienced live in 2013.

Id like to see a tour, that way its accessible to more people around the country. More people could see it.
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 01:53:39 pm »

I agree with Mellenfan that more fanswould see it if it was a tour, like Phantom or Cats or something like that. Personally I think this radio thing is a waste of time. It had it's stage time and if it did good then go on the road with it, if it didn't then it was a great experience of trying something new. I feel they are just trying to keep it going and just going around in circles.
John, you have been side tracked and your fans are anxiously waiting the new album.  Roll Eyes
Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 08:10:41 am »

I'm hoping for a hard-hitting record before the end of the year.
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 01:35:40 pm »

I am hoping for something.... Anything.....Please!  Withdrawls!  Been way too quiet.  We know he is working but doing what? 
petenkaren
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 07:20:24 pm »

Bust out the electric guitars again John!  You still ROCK!!!

It sure would feel good to feel good again, Oh My Sweet Love...
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 12:22:39 am »

john you gotta a few fans here. feelings  of getting the silent treament from you. so whats up?
you know if this guy can still rock so can you john, so how bout it?

enjoy!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWvbu5K7MBM
Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 05:12:02 am »

I love the current band but I do wonder if Kenny would be interested in one more for the road with JM. Dane C and Kenny could even alternate percussion/drum duties.

From a marketing point of view, having the "core" line-up from American Fool through Big Daddy would kind of make sense for a rock'n'roll record.

It has surely been considered. Too much bad blood, though? We'll never know unless someone like Larry C writes a book ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: