John Mellencamp Community
May 04, 2024, 02:22:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Ghost Brothers’ to receive reworking for summer tour  (Read 5720 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2013, 09:36:12 pm »

‘Ghost Brothers’ to receive reworking for summer tour

by Melissa Ruggieri

Since its spring 2012 debut at the Alliance Theatre, “Ghost Brothers of Darkland County” has gone through significant rewriting and restructuring, including a fall workshop in New York with actors Bruce Greenwood, Joe Morton, Emily Skinner and the original quartet of brothers from the Atlanta production.

Susan V. Booth, artistic director at the Alliance who continues to work with show creators John Mellencamp and Stephen King and show musical director T Bone Burnett, said that, “What we learned and have leaned into is that this work only succeeds if it commits to being something unique unto itself — that its strength lies in being purposefully contrarian.”

Up next for the dark-themed musical will be a soundtrack release this spring and then a summer tour of the piece staged as a live radio play and produced in a concert tour model.

“I continue to be blown away by how present, committed and collaborative all three of the gents are on this project,” Booth said. “They have so many other irons in so many other fires and yet have continued rolling up their sleeves and doing the work of finding just the right rhythms and worlds for this story to inhabit.”

On Sunday, the New York Times included “Ghost Brothers” in a story about the challenges of bringing a show to Broadway.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-music-scene/2013/01/09/ghost-brothers-to-receive-reworking-for-summer-tour/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_music_scene
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:19:27 pm »

I really hope to get a chance to see this sometime!
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 08:19:57 am »

I wonder if this will delay the making of the new rock album.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: