John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:25:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Music?  (Read 13336 times)
petenkaren
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:48:17 pm »

Call me impatient or whatever, perhaps even a bit spoiled by the every other year JM release, but aren't we due for some NEW MELLENCAMP???

I am hoping he comes back ELECTRIC (in other words, plugged in).  Please fill us in Tony.

Also, what ever happened to the talented Pat Peterson?  Get her back on the new release too!

Pete

It sure would feel good to feel good again, Oh My Sweet Love...
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 08:48:28 pm »

Call me impatient or whatever, perhaps even a bit spoiled by the every other year JM release, but aren't we due for some NEW MELLENCAMP???

I am hoping he comes back ELECTRIC (in other words, plugged in).  Please fill us in Tony.

Also, what ever happened to the talented Pat Peterson?  Get her back on the new release too!

Pete

Next release for John will be the Ghost Brothers soundtrack, his songs but not necessarily him singing all of them. That looks like it will come out next Spring.

As for the next release under John's name, we don't know when or what that will be.

Pat's last tour with John was in 2006. I believe since that time she has lived in Dallas.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:01:26 pm »

I can hardly wait to hear the Ghost Brothers soundtrack. 

As for a new studio release from John, No Better Than This was released in August of 2010.  So it hasn't really been that long.  Let's hope for great thing in 2013.

Yeah, a good rock 'n' roll record would be fantastic.  We all know john can still rock.  the next album will hopefully be a mix of what he's been doing in the last few years and some good ol' fashion rock 'n' roll.

Be patient, I'm sure John is working on something, some ideas as we speak.

Mike       
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 02:01:35 pm »

I am hoping he comes back ELECTRIC (in other words, plugged in).  Please fill us in Tony.

Also, what ever happened to the talented Pat Peterson?  Get her back on the new release too!

Pete

JM also mentioned a possible rock album.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:27:06 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 04:50:11 pm »

A rockīnīroll album would be great, though his last two albums were too good to say he should change anything. But "Rodeo Clown" showed us how great a rock album could sound.
Letīs wait, he never disappointed me with any new release.
oberturn
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 03:42:32 pm »

We are so spoiled!!!!  I am with you, I am hoping JM is working on some new material right now.  How many artists have put out the number of records that John has???  I can't wait to see what he writes next and to be heading to another concert tour!!!!!!!!  I miss Pat too but I don't think she is coming back.  Those were the days with her singing and dancing her heart out. 

There is a time to cry and a time to get with it.
Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 04:14:05 pm »

I hope JM keeps it simple and organic for the next release. My dream (and no offense to the current lineup, which is fantastic) would be for JM, Kenny, Mike, Larry, and Toby as the core band to get in a room and knock out 10-14 songs in a couple months (I don't think they can do it in 16 days like in '83 any more LOL). Andy, Dane, Miriam, Jon E. etc could contribute on the side if/when needed?

Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 01:28:02 pm »

Andy, Dane, Miriam, Jon E. etc could contribute on the side if/when needed?

Plus some of these guys are doing their own albums I think
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:40:27 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 07:29:06 am »

I can't wait for a new album, or at least to hear that John is recording one, it's been too long.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 02:57:33 pm »

It definitely will be interesting to hear what John comes up with for his next album.  Let's hope for a 2013 release.

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: