John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 06:52:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Mellencamp: Trouble No More Live At Town Hall  (Read 6895 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2014, 11:32:06 pm »

It's hard to believe this gem of a live recording wasn't released much sooner.  I bought the CD on the day of its release.  It's beautifully played by Mellancamp's band and sung with passion and emotion by John.  Trouble No More was a terrific studio album but the songs really come to life on the live album.  Paper And Fire and Pink Houses are amazing and fit right in with the theme.   The musical and tempo change of Small Town is especially wonderful.

It really is an enjoyable musical journey.  The anticipation of John's new studio album is getting higher and higher.

Are there anymore live gems like Trouble No More Live At Town Hall in John's vault?  It's quite probable.  At least I hope it is.

Mike

Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 07:23:37 am »

Yep

I'm currently blasting this on my first play-through. Wow, I'm up to Down in the Bottom and this is just soooo good. Run, don't walk, to get this one, folks!
cherrybombfan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 11:38:29 pm »

Mike,

I agree with you about the New Album.  The different versions of classic songs and tempo changes are really unique.  Every song on the original Trouble No More album was great - so it was awesome getting to hear them live.  One of the highlights for me was John's version of Highway 61 - which rocked!  I really enjoy listening to rare, live, or acoustic versions of songs.  I hope that there are more to come! 

John

John R. Turner
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 01:09:48 pm »

With the lifetime recording contract, we could very well see more live material surface.  Let's hope so.

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: