John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:26:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Troubled Man  (Read 6715 times)
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2014, 11:49:58 pm »

Whats everyones opinion of the new single "Troubled Man" for the upcoming album.

I like the strong presence of Sturm's violin throughout the song, she has been missing from the past few albums, making only a few appearances. I really think she is the driving force behind the band's unique sound. Unlike NBTT and LDLF in which Mellencamp really changed his style of music, I hear a lot of the bands old sound in this song. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the album has the same vibe.

On the negative the song is a tad slow but it is lyrically strong and personal which make it enjoyable. I think we are going to see an album much like Big Daddy considering Mellencamp's family troubles over the past 4 years. That should be a good thing. No artist puts out his best work when life is perfect.

Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:18:55 am »

I haven't heard the song yet.  I decided to avoid the pre-screening of the song before the album comes out.  I want to listen to every songs on the whole album for the first time.  Once I've had a chance to hear all the songs, I'll give my opinion.  I predict John will not disappoint us though.

Mike
kstucker
K-Stu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:17:10 pm »

Just listened to "Troubled Man" and really love it, especially the instrumental intro before John begins to sing and again repeatedly throughout the song between lyrics.  Very excited for the new album to be released and tour to follow!!
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 05:55:28 pm »

I've listened to it a few times now and love it, the song has great lyrics and ''surprisingly'' John's voice is strong, the sonics are also great with the acoustic guitar and violin sounding especially SWEET, bring on the album.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: