John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 12:50:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenny Chesney Added to the Farm Aid Lineup  (Read 9080 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2012, 02:00:53 pm »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57479837-10391698/kenny-chesney-to-play-this-years-farm-aid/

(CBS News) Country singer Kenny Chesney has joined the lineup for this year's Farm Aid concert on Sept. 22 at Hersheypark Stadium in Hershey, Pa.

He joins a bill that already includes Farm Aid staples Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews, along with Jack Johnson, Pegi Young & the Survivors and Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real.

"Growing up in a small town outside Knoxville, family farmers were a big part of our community," said Chesney, who hails from Luttrell, Tenn. "I am proud to play on the Farm Aid stage again, especially in Central Pennsylvania, where agriculture is at the heart of the community."

The annual concert raises funds to support Farm Aid's work with family farmers and also aims to inspire people to choose family-farm food.

The Farm Aid show is just one of many stops for Chesney this year. He's currently on the road with dates lined up through September.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 08:41:35 am »

cool, they got another big name.
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:43:57 pm »

He seems to be a popular entertainer.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
winks
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 06:54:33 am »

Hi Mellenheads
                    Does anyone know where I can get a coloured copy of Johns painting....LOVE

Thanks....Tony
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 07:58:16 am »

Try this link to the Southern Indiana Center for the Arts. This is the only place I know.

http://www.soinart.com/about.html

TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 10:33:30 am »

Hi Mellenheads
                    Does anyone know where I can get a coloured copy of Johns painting....LOVE

Thanks....Tony

I believe the Tennessee State Museum was selling them during John's exhibition there, they may still be selling them.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: