John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 06:03:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The first time I saw Johnny Cougar  (Read 5487 times)
Millerbj
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2012, 12:37:57 pm »

was at the Louisville Memorial Auditorium in 1976; I was 12 years old. My Mother worked in the office during the day and, in the evening if a concert was going on, she worked the box office selling tickets. She brought me with her to sit in the audience because she felt sorry for the young man who's tickets had not been selling well prior to the show; she also mentioned how some of his fans from Indiana were being "bussed in", bless his heart! Anyway, I fell in luv with him and his music. After his concert, he and his band were staying at Stouffer's Louisville Inn where my Mother worked as front desk night auditor. Of course, she took me along with her and I got to sit with him at his table in the lounge; it wasn't for very long- remember I was  only 12!! He gave me an autograph album of "Chestnut Street Incident" which I still have today. I played the album so much (and so loud, as thats what the back of the album said to do!) that my Mom and Grandmother both yelled at me on numerous occasions to turn it down and/or off, LOL!! Thanks for the memories Johnny Cougar! YOU ROCK!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: