John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 11:12:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Topic New Music  (Read 8653 times)
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:04:32 am »

Hey folks, its been awhile since I've posted anything but it seems like things are getting quite stale. Anyone want to take any guesses when John will release his next album. Believe it or not its already been 2 years since the last one, WOW! Any sound you want to hear him go back to? Personally I am hoping we get a new album in the next year and half. I love the way he sounded on NBTT but I would like to hear the band "sound" again, especially the violin. I think a mix of Freedoms Road, Nothing Better Than This, and the self titled "John Mellencamp" would be perfect. Maybe going to a Bob Dylan "Love and Theft" sound would be awesome too. Anyways just felt like posting something different and rambling a bit.
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 01:33:04 am »

and you are so right wildnight, you have a good idea there, maybe little bit of the "scarecrow" thown in too  Wink
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 06:33:49 am »

It was mentioned not too long ago he might do a new Rock and roll album.
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 06:39:36 am »

A double album would be nice, one disc in the style of his last one, and one could be Human Wheels II. Smiley
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:59:42 am »

I'm sure John has some great ideas for his next album.  He's got the music in him.

Mike 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: