John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 01:01:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight!! June 22nd in Calgary  (Read 4666 times)
dolfskie
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2012, 12:20:34 pm »

Good morning,

Sounds as if the show was an outstanding success last eve...congratulations!!

John Mellencamp (Scarecrow Tour) was the first concert I had attended in my life when I was at the ripe age of 9 years old with my twin brother and father. 26 years later, here we are again attening the show with my twin brother, father and my wife.

It was by far one the most memorable concert moments when "Grandma's Theme" came upon the speakers and peaked everyone's attention immediately, utlimately shushing the crowd in seconds. It was a dark setting for the duration of Grandma's Theme and then blended straight into Small Town which really set the crowd abuzz with lights flashing and music blaring. 

I am now 35 years old and attending the 2nd John Mellencamp concert to which I am absolutely thrilled. Your songs have truly inspired me throughout my entire life, ever since I had attended the first concert in '85, and carried me through many, many life adventures (hate to say it but good and bad).

I do not want to come across as if I am making a request on a radio station, but one song that I listen to consistently is Jackie O'. I have found that this song has always been a piece of melodic genius and serves so eloquently with the rest of your music. If you would be so kind to do so, I would be forever grateful.

Tonight is a night that I have looked forward to for 26 years since I last attended your show and am so excited to once again be a part of. See you then!!!!

Randy Liddle
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 12:21:50 pm »

Great story. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: