John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:38:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Cherry Bomb  (Read 19001 times)
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2012, 09:44:07 am »

I miss the old Club Cherry Bomb message board.       Sad Sad Sad

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 08:31:38 pm »

Me too. I like seeing the old newsletters copies of the original ones that were mailed.
tedibayers
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 10:25:42 pm »

Me too.... we used to have so much fun. It was how I met so many Mellenheads... Embarrassed

Everything is cool as can be
In a Peaceful World..

Forever trust in who we are, and nothing else matters....(Metallica)

~Gail~
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 09:47:14 am »

We really had a good 'community' didn't we, which seems to have drifted since those days, even though some of us fb, it's just not the same.  Sad

dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 02:39:11 pm »

I agree, I was thinking that the other day.  Every day there was something happening on it,
brought a lot of us together.
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 08:12:06 am »

It sure did bring a lot of us together, even we lived on opposite ends of the earth, such as me who lives in Australia. I've never met any of my friends from the CCB board, yet I class some of them as very near and dear to me.

dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 07:18:04 am »

So true!  I had the pleasure of meeting Cindy, Rhonda and Paula at the Housing Works benefit.
Probably one of the best shows I have attended, so intimate.  It was great to meet these girls on the trip to the "Big Apple".   Good caring people.
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 11:59:43 pm »

So true!  I had the pleasure of meeting Cindy, Rhonda and Paula at the Housing Works benefit.
Probably one of the best shows I have attended, so intimate.  It was great to meet these girls on the trip to the "Big Apple".   Good caring people.

Thanks, Dolly. It was a pleasure meeting you as well! I've had a lot of great JM moments and met a lot of like minded fans, dating all the way back to the Yahoo list - and many, many great moments in NYC - for sure. I miss CCB, too!

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 08:00:26 am »

Any of the events thru CCB,  Jane Pauley, The Rose Room, Center Stage, Bklyn Bridge filming
were the icing on the cake.  It was a privelege we all received for being fans. 

Many of the these opportunities you were up close and personal with John and the Band and you got to meet so many other Mellenheads!

I think many of us connected at these events and had a awesome time!  I've yet to meet Tony...one day...want to thank him in person for all he has done!

jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 10:38:24 am »

Just getting caught up on the boards since vacation, but I am curious if another fellow CCB member was in VA Beach last week.  As we were riding the shuttle my husband spotted a JM themed car license plate along the main road parked at a hotel, maybe around 20th street.  I didn't see it but it said something about CCB! I had hoped to run into another fellow club member, but we didn't see the car again later.  He thinks it was red, but it might have been wrong.  Are you out there?
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 10:18:21 pm »

Oh, love it when the DH's spot Mellencamp mania, Dar. Cheesy

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: