John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:11:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet and Greet for St. John`s Newfoundland Canada  (Read 9626 times)
Herkis70
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:59:32 am »

Is it happening? I am thinking not but we can always hope right?! Smiley
Herkis70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:03:45 am »

It says I am a newbie, I am new to the "fan" site but have been following John for 30+ years, Have albums and Cassettes to prove it Grin
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 01:08:05 pm »

Does he still even do meet and greets?
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 02:35:29 pm »

John hasn't done meet and greets since the fall of 2007 and likely won't ever again. Having attended one myself in the fall of '07 I can see pretty clearly why he's not comfortable doing them. One guy at the meet and greet I was at kissed John on the cheek. Most are well-meaning people who are just a little overbearing and don't realize how awkward it is for the artist, but John doesn't have the sort of personality that meshes well with those kind of actions. As soon as the guy did that I kind of cringed and thought John might walk out, but he took it in stride and all was well. But dealing with that kind of over-the-top gratitude multiple times after every show wears thin after a while.

If you play it right you can find him outside the venue after the show and he'll sign and maybe even pose for a picture or two, but I think formal meet and greets are a thing of the past for John.   
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:06:16 pm »

How very akward. Can't bame him a bit.
Herkis70

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 11:15:56 am »

Yes, It is awkward for him I`m sure, I did not hang around the Venue after the St. Johns NL Canada show, but he was seen strolling downtown St. Johns with Meg Ryan on the local news! Sure wish I could have bumped into him and thanked him for his wonderful music over the last several decades!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: