John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 12:05:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about tickets for IU Auditorium in Bloomington  (Read 11527 times)
adaughtry
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:02:41 pm »

I received my tickets today for opening night of the "No Better Than This Tour" in Bloomington, Indiana!  Smiley
However, I am concerned because on the ticket it says IUB Student ID required. When I purchased the tickets I saw no mention of that. Do you have to be an IU student to go to this event Huh
Help!!
sweetlight

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:48:00 pm »

Same happened to me. I've emailed the Auditorium box office ([email protected] if you want to email them too) - haven't heard back yet, but it was after 5 pm when I emailed them and we're in between semesters here, so it may take them a couple days to get back.

I'm sure it is just a mixup with the ticket printing - the show is in no way restricted to students.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 09:46:19 am »

I received my tickets today for opening night of the "No Better Than This Tour" in Bloomington, Indiana!  Smiley
However, I am concerned because on the ticket it says IUB Student ID required. When I purchased the tickets I saw no mention of that. Do you have to be an IU student to go to this event Huh
Help!!

Do not worry about the ID required UNLESS your tickets were $25. The IU ID is only for the student/cheap priced tickets which should NOT have been available through our presale.

John's tour management has already talked to the venue/box office and they said it won't be a big deal and not to worry.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
sweetlight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:50:20 am »

Thanks, TonyB! (and I want to add that I'm new around here & have been TOTALLY impressed with how helpful and on-the-ball you are with all these tour/ticket questions - really, really nice to have such a great source of help available for fans!)

I also heard back from the box office manager at the Auditorium today - they said:
Thank you for your email.  The “IUB Student ID Required” is a static text line that is produced on all tickets purchased from a Ticketmaster Outlet (i.e. mellencamp.com)  Although this text appears on your ticket, there are other attributes on your ticket that will indicate to our Guest Services staff as to if you are an IUB student or not. 

Your ticket is totally valid and we cannot wait to see you in November!  If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

So it sounds like the TonyB's info has managed to filter down through the ranks - and it will NOT be a problem for any of us on show night. Can't wait!  Smiley
adaughtry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 03:36:50 pm »

Thanks for the quick response to my question! I am so glad there is nothing wrong with my tickets!!  I cannot wait to see John Mellencamp perform on the IU campus. You can't get "no better than this" with the Mellencamp & IU combo.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 03:39:44 pm by adaughtry » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: