John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:37:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dartmouth, NS  (Read 17303 times)
Skram
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:10 am »

Checked out the advance purchase today for the Dartmouth Sportsplex show. Couple of notes:

- seems the lowest price tickets are for 'standing', but there is no indication on the seating chart where the standing section is located

- any of the tickets that were available (on my searches) for the mid-price tickets were in the furthest corner of the venue (if the seating chart is correct)

- the highest price tickets started at least 10 rows back on the floor (again if the seating chart is correct)

I can usually get better seats than those provided during the normal sale period of a concert, so I didn't buy and will wait for the public sale to go on.

Anyone know if the seating chart is correct (for stage location) and where the standing area will be?

Thanks.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:00:09 am »

Checked out the advance purchase today for the Dartmouth Sportsplex show. Couple of notes:

- seems the lowest price tickets are for 'standing', but there is no indication on the seating chart where the standing section is located

- any of the tickets that were available (on my searches) for the mid-price tickets were in the furthest corner of the venue (if the seating chart is correct)

- the highest price tickets started at least 10 rows back on the floor (again if the seating chart is correct)

I can usually get better seats than those provided during the normal sale period of a concert, so I didn't buy and will wait for the public sale to go on.

Anyone know if the seating chart is correct (for stage location) and where the standing area will be?

Thanks.

I was surprised to see the standing tickets as well, but I don't know the venue. It is best that you call the box office and ask them about it and where they would be. My understanding is that this is a pretty small venue. We sold a pretty nice hunk of the whole house today in the presale.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
inxess01

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:33:55 am »

I was surprised to see the standing tickets as well, but I don't know the venue. It is best that you call the box office and ask them about it and where they would be. My understanding is that this is a pretty small venue. We sold a pretty nice hunk of the whole house today in the presale.

How much does a pretty nice hunk cost?   Cheesy
lukin14

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 10:43:08 am »

The standing area is at the top of the bleachers/bowl.  It's a running track that goes around the arena.  Total capacity for the Sportsplex is about 3500 for a concert - which is far less than the capacity of Mile One in St. John's, NL (which has a 2nd show already).  As of 11:30am local time Dartmouth, NS has completely sold out. 

Seating chart:
http://ww3.ticketpro.ca/images/Dartmouth_Sportsplex_Seat_Map.jpg

11th row of the floor for the fanclub presale seems about right since the "premium ticket packages" were in the first 10 rows and anything left over from the first 10 would've been dumped into the

What are the chances of a 2nd show in Dartmouth?  There's 3 days in between the show July 9 & the next stop in Sarnia, ON...
sandycraig

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 01:09:21 pm »

We went to the Second Show in Dartmouth last night and it was even better than I thought possible!!! Thanks to John and his crew!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: