John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:52:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does ticket buying have to be so corrupt?  (Read 8612 times)
Marcie
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2012, 09:39:20 am »

Just got home from waiting in line for the pre-sale in Thunder Bay at the Fort William Gardens.  I was seventh in line.  When my turn came there were no seats in the first five rows.  WTF?  Turns out all seats back to row F were "gone" so nobody who took the time to wait in line was able to purchase any of these.  I realize that promoters may be afforded certain seats to give away but come on!  What about the true fans!  The venue also took phone calls prior to the 10:00 am purchase time.

Sure wish they would go back to the old days - no phone calls, no internet.  If you want a good seat get your ass down to the venue and show your dedication by waiting in line.

So - we'll be cheering and singing along from Row H.  It will be a great time for sure - just wish we were closer  Sad
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:05:13 am »

Just got home from waiting in line for the pre-sale in Thunder Bay at the Fort William Gardens.  I was seventh in line.  When my turn came there were no seats in the first five rows.  WTF?  Turns out all seats back to row F were "gone" so nobody who took the time to wait in line was able to purchase any of these.  I realize that promoters may be afforded certain seats to give away but come on!  What about the true fans!  The venue also took phone calls prior to the 10:00 am purchase time.

Sure wish they would go back to the old days - no phone calls, no internet.  If you want a good seat get your ass down to the venue and show your dedication by waiting in line.

So - we'll be cheering and singing along from Row H.  It will be a great time for sure - just wish we were closer  Sad

Thanks for the report. This show is very different with no online ticket sales. Your comment about them taking calls before 10am leads me to believe they were selling tickets earlier than 10am.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Marcie
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 12:11:21 pm »

Hmmm...just heard that the first 5 rows were being held for people purchasing the premium ticket packages and if those seats don't sell they will be released for general sale at a later date.  This just does not seem fair.  Why weren't the premium packages sold let's say a week before pre-sale tickets and cut off at that time?  That way, fans like me who could not afford the premium ticket packages would still get a fair shot at some front row seats by taking the time to line up early?  Instead, I settled for row H and someone who shows up, let's say the night of the show, may end up with front row seats if all of the premium packages don't sell.

Also, Rock 94, the local radio station sponsor, put the pre-sale password on their Facebook page so one did not even have to be a community member on this site to get the password.

Still looking forward to the show but again, wish we were closer Sad
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 04:01:15 pm »

Hmmm...just heard that the first 5 rows were being held for people purchasing the premium ticket packages and if those seats don't sell they will be released for general sale at a later date.  This just does not seem fair.  Why weren't the premium packages sold let's say a week before pre-sale tickets and cut off at that time?  That way, fans like me who could not afford the premium ticket packages would still get a fair shot at some front row seats by taking the time to line up early?  Instead, I settled for row H and someone who shows up, let's say the night of the show, may end up with front row seats if all of the premium packages don't sell.

Also, Rock 94, the local radio station sponsor, put the pre-sale password on their Facebook page so one did not even have to be a community member on this site to get the password.

Still looking forward to the show but again, wish we were closer Sad

There are always multiple pre-sales but typically the website get first shot and has the most/best tickets in ours.

I wish we could offer the premium tickets in the manner you brainstormed but the timing never works that way because the promoters want to get the tickets on sale right after the announcement. A window like that really isn't possible. We usually sell all or just about all of the premium packages so very few tickets are returned to the system.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: