John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:11:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada summer 2012 Premium tix no seat locations  (Read 19163 times)
edhead
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2012, 08:30:54 am »

Slightly bummed out,  shuffled my schedule to buy tix at 9am for PEI,  new "premium" vendor does not show you where you're seats are.....unlike all of last legs.

I spending alot of money and going very far (from PA) to see the show (not complaining, my decision) but I do not like not knowing where my seats will be.   If I am put in the 9th row way off to one side I will be disappointed.

I was going to but tix for Moncton and/or Sydney, but I am not willing to spend the money unless I am sure where I am sitting

just my 2 cents (or $450.00)  I believe doing will call is enough to prevent scalping without keeping this information from us

Still very happy JM is touring!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 08:35:03 am »

Slightly bummed out,  shuffled my schedule to buy tix at 9am for PEI,  new "premium" vendor does not show you where you're seats are.....unlike all of last legs.

I spending alot of money and going very far (from PA) to see the show (not complaining, my decision) but I do not like not knowing where my seats will be.   If I am put in the 9th row way off to one side I will be disappointed.

I was going to but tix for Moncton and/or Sydney, but I am not willing to spend the money unless I am sure where I am sitting

just my 2 cents (or $450.00)  I believe doing will call is enough to prevent scalping without keeping this information from us

Still very happy JM is touring!

Thanks for your feedback. VIP Nation decided to sell tickets this way this time around. We know all of the VIP seats are pretty awesome since there are so few and they are all in the front 10 rows, often they are in less rows than that in fact. We know you will enjoy the seats and the show!

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
edhead
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 08:43:51 am »

Thanks Tony,  figured you are here today.  I appreciate your response.

This system, however,  has kept me from buying tix to to at least one or two other shows.  I would have already bought Moncton if it was the old way; so from a business point of view it might not be advantageous.  You did just "lose" a sale or two of premium tix. Something to consider in the future.   

And, yes, I am a bit of a seat "snob" but that comes from 35 years of going to concerts...(that's a good thing!)

And thanks to you and Sharon for all your work on this site, greatly appreciated
habdylan
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:29:29 am »

Hey Tony, thanks for all the info.  Regarding premium packages I know vip takes these seats from the artists hold and they are limited.  What is reasonable amount of tickets to expect to be allotted for this sale in each row (thinking of the St. John's show in particular?)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:58:03 am »

Hey Tony, thanks for all the info.  Regarding premium packages I know vip takes these seats from the artists hold and they are limited.  What is reasonable amount of tickets to expect to be allotted for this sale in each row (thinking of the St. John's show in particular?)

I don't get that detailed of info, it's less than 100 tickets from my understanding in the front 10 rows. That's not all that many depending on how wide the rows are.

DarleneThompson83

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 12:02:21 pm »

I will have to say I agree with Ed.  I didn't realize I had to go to a different site for the premium package (my fault for not doing my research), but when I realized after I bought two tickets in row 7, I went to purchase two premium packages.  What I couldn't tell was if both tickets would be for seats together when two packages were bought together.  I also didn't want to end up in row 9, after selling my tickets to my buddy and him sitting in row 7.

Long story short, even though I wanted all the other swag, I didn't risk buying the premium package without knowing the details of the seating.  My brother and I have waited a long time to see JC and we certainly want to sit together and be close to the action Smiley  I would really hate to spend another $450 for worse seats than I already have!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 12:19:30 pm »

I will have to say I agree with Ed.  I didn't realize I had to go to a different site for the premium package (my fault for not doing my research), but when I realized after I bought two tickets in row 7, I went to purchase two premium packages.  What I couldn't tell was if both tickets would be for seats together when two packages were bought together.  I also didn't want to end up in row 9, after selling my tickets to my buddy and him sitting in row 7.

Long story short, even though I wanted all the other swag, I didn't risk buying the premium package without knowing the details of the seating.  My brother and I have waited a long time to see JC and we certainly want to sit together and be close to the action Smiley  I would really hate to spend another $450 for worse seats than I already have!

Thanks for the feedback. The Premium tickets purchased together are seated together. I don't think you would end up with better seats than the premium through the pre or public onsales, possibly in the same rows on the outsides, but not closer or more center.

DarleneThompson83

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 12:45:33 pm »

Thanks Tony,

With your reassurance, I went and purchased the Premium tickets!
KarenCharters

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 07:57:28 am »

I just went to the concert in Abbotsford and got a my "premium" ticket.  Paid $300 to see 3 tall guys block my view.  I complained but security wouldn't do anything, went to the box office, they did nothing, called the Live Nation on site "concierge" to ask security to have people sit down and everyone blamed the other.  I left after 5 songs.  DO NOT PURCHASE PREMIUM SEATS, THERE IS A LIKELIHOOD YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.  The only people who get premium seats are in row 1.  The rest of you are suckers.
DarleneThompson83

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 05:34:00 am »

Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience and get to enjoy the show.  Can you tell me what row your seats were in?  I already sold my 7th row seats and now really regretting my decision to purchase the VIP tickets.  The show here is in a week and a half and I haven't heard anything from anyone about tickets, where I should go when I arrive or anything.  Getting a bit nervous now.
kstucker
K-Stu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 07:43:34 am »

Hi Darlene:  My husband and I are traveling from North Carolina to see JM in Moose Jaw, SK – that show is this coming Sunday (24 June) - we purchased premium tickets from VIP and I received an e-mail on 19 June telling me who our host is, what time to meet at the venue and where to meet...so based on the timing of my e-mail for the 24 June show, you will probably receive your e-mail about 5 days before your show date.  In response to Karen's e-mail regarding issues with her premium seats - I, too, am very concerned where we will be sitting...after I purchased the VIP seats during the pre-sale, I checked the venue seating chart and was shocked to see that the first and third rows in the best floor section for the show I am going to were open for sale during the pre-sale to regular price ticket holders - so I know those seats were not being held for VIP ticket holders...makes me wonder where the heck our seats will be.  I will be incredibly disappointed if I spent $500 for two tickets and get seated in row 10 - I bought our VIP tickets right when the fan club pre-sale opened and completed the sale in 64 seconds so I am hoping that was fast enough to get great seats but I am skeptical.
DarleneThompson83

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:14 am »

Thank you very much for letting me know what the process was, I was getting a bit nervous.  I likely will have something the first of the week.
Let us all know how you enjoyed your seats and hope you enjoy coming to Canada as well.
kstucker
K-Stu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 11:00:50 am »

Hi Darlene...just returned from our trip to Moose Jaw to see JM...I wrote some comments on this forum about the concert and my experience with the VIP tickets...it is posted here:
http://www.mellencamp.com/forum/index.php?topic=1917.msg7569#new

In a nutshell, my husband and I had seats in the first row of the best floor section of the venue…hope you are just as lucky…after your concert, let us all know how you enjoyed your seats and the show! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: