John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 11:46:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rural Route 7609-favorites?  (Read 9851 times)
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:43:21 pm »

OK, so making my way through this awesome collectors set (Christmas gift...to myself) and have to say "Women Seem" had me smiling and laughing in the car!  Brought back some great Mellencamp memories!  Love this song and had not heard it before.

Anyone have another favorite from this set??
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 11:43:17 pm »

"Women Seem" is on Cuttin' Heads -- great, underrated album. Buy it. The demos, especially "Cherry Bomb" and "Peaceful World," are the highlights, along with "Jenny at 16" and "Colored Lights." The whole set should have been comprised of these sorts of rarities as far as I'm concerned, so I was one of many disappointed fans that he chose to give us stuff we already had instead of emptying out the vaults and loading the thing up with rarities. Still, the book is super cool.
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:49:56 am »

"Women Seem" is on Cuttin' Heads -- great, underrated album. Buy it. The demos, especially "Cherry Bomb" and "Peaceful World," are the highlights, along with "Jenny at 16" and "Colored Lights." The whole set should have been comprised of these sorts of rarities as far as I'm concerned, so I was one of many disappointed fans that he chose to give us stuff we already had instead of emptying out the vaults and loading the thing up with rarities. Still, the book is super cool.

Guess that's the beauty of my not hearing every single Mellencamp song, sad but true, so some are new to me.  I also love the guide demo tracks and Cherry Bomb is a great example.

The book has been carefully thought out and the production of it shows that no expense was spared.  Lots of neat tidbits in the notes in there. 
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 10:43:42 am »

itīs difficult to do all things right for everyone, I think the box set is a great selection of both unreleased and best songs.
my favourites are Rodeo Clown and Rural Route.
taz7676
Christine
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 07:16:28 pm »

Loved the version of "Peaceful World"

Christine B.
Little pink houses for you and me...
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 10:25:56 pm »

Loved the version of "Peaceful World"

So looking forward to hearing this one.  I loved this song when I first heard it during the 9/11 NYC concert on t.v.  My daughter used to call it the "tennis" song and would ask for it by that name...when she was about four she thought Tennessee was tennis...hence the name! 
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 11:18:52 pm »

I got the Rural Route box set when it first came out in 2010. I loved it. The partial songs were so cool to hear when they were in their first stages especially after we have been hearing the final verson all these years. What a nice touch. I loved "Colored Lights" very nice song, it is now one of my new favorites. I especially liked the book too. Nice pictures and story about each song. Very nicely done John.  Grin
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 07:22:38 am »

Peaceful world by far. What an underated song.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: