John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:10:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Tour Dates  (Read 18506 times)
anaville
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2012, 02:09:03 pm »

When will the 2012 Tour Dates be posted? I have been a huge fan for years and I attended my first concert of John Mellencamps and now I want to go again!! Smiley
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 05:02:33 pm »

Tony can add more insight, but I would say the chances of John doing any significant touring in 2012 are slim seeing how much he's toured over the last four years. He's got Ghost Brothers coming up in April and May and then you would think he'd be looking at making a new album, so there probably isn't much time to tour. And since he's hit most of the the major U.S. cities on the No Better Than This tour, he's got to let these markets dry out for a while before he goes back into them. You play the same cities too soon and you won't sell many tickets because people will say "I just saw him 10 months ago, I'm not paying to see him again this soon."

Just my two cents. 
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:15:54 am »

When will the 2012 Tour Dates be posted? I have been a huge fan for years and I attended my first concert of John Mellencamps and now I want to go again!! Smiley

The tour outlook for 2012 is foggy. John surely will not do any shows until after May due to Ghost Brothers running (several Mellencamp band members are in the show's band).

My guess is that John will decide in the next month or two if he wants to do any shows this year and extend the tour. There is plenty of demand for him to continue to the tour into other markets that didn't get a show so far.

If John would decide to do some summertime shows those would probably need to go on sale in Feb/March timeframe.

My hunch is that John will do some shows, at least one run as he has in the past few years. I think if the Dylan tour taught him anything is that there are a LOT of markets that he can draw at least a few thousand people into a suitable venue for a good show with a good crowd.

However, if John decides to take the year off touring I think we can all understand that. The No Better Than This tour is the longest in time spanned and also the most in total shows since  Scarecrow and maybe ever.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 08:52:15 am »

There is plenty of demand for him to continue to the tour into other markets that didn't get a show so far.

Let's hope for southern Ontario one more time!!  Wink
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 01:01:52 pm »

I hope Central New York will be one of them for the next time John tours. Grin
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 08:37:21 am »

NYC....a smaller intimate show, like the Housing Works Benefit,
would be great for 2012!  We were so spoiled by that performance.
marianne123
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 12:20:05 pm »

Just the thought of a JM show sometime this summer, kind of warms up a cold January day!

-Marianne
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 02:24:44 pm »

Just the thought of a JM show sometime this summer, kind of warms up a cold January day!

There's always Farm Aid!
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 12:46:40 am »

Farm Aid has a good chance of being in Buffalo this year, so if you're willing to head north a little you may get to see him live there.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article666193.ece
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 09:39:20 am »

Farm Aid has a good chance of being in Buffalo this year, so if you're willing to head north a little you may get to see him live there.

very cool!
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 01:49:34 pm »

That is totally awesome! That is the best news, that so much for posting this.  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 05:24:37 pm »

Wouldn't that just make my 2012!!
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 05:24:18 pm »

Maybe after Ghost Brothers he'll do a few in Australia.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 06:00:43 pm »

On facebook

CANADIAN TOUR TO BE ANNOUNCED NEXT WEEK
 Specifics are being worked out for a new June/July Canadian leg of the No Better Than This Tour! Watch for an announcement and ticket sales info next week

This is a loooong tour LOL
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:37:47 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: