John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:31:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Mellencamp: Its About You - Early January NYC & LA Screenings Announced  (Read 15278 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2011, 08:47:44 am »

John Mellencamp: Its About You - A Film by Kurt and Ian Markus - Early January NYC & LA Screenings Announced - Details Below - LIMITED ENGAGEMENT!

Premiering at the IFC Center in New York City (January 4-16, 2012) and at the Music Hall in Los Angeles (January 6-16 2012). Check back for updates and a great contest with special items surrounding the film. Please note that this is the complete 80 minute version of the film. A shorter version was shown before concerts on John's No Better Than This Tour. Read the full press release and see the movie poster on Mellencamp.com http://www.mellencamp.com/news.html?n_id=1611

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
shakeyjrc
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 10:19:51 am »

Is there a high resolution poster photo available? I hope this poster will be available for purchase!
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:56:03 pm »

Any word on when this will be available on DVD?
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 08:28:55 am »

Is there a high resolution poster photo available? I hope this poster will be available for purchase!

We are announcing a contest today where you can win a poster! I don't believe they will be sold.

TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:30:01 am »

Any word on when this will be available on DVD?

No firm date yet, but it will likely be in the 2nd half of 2012.

shakeyjrc
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 10:08:26 am »

Thanks Tony, I hope I win a copy of this great movie poster! I would proudly frame it and display it in my home next to my numerous Neil Young movie posters. I've been a fan of John's since I heard Human Wheels on the radio when I was 11 in 1993, what a great song!

I hope this movie gets released in the Blu-ray format as well with a HD transfer and non compressed sound.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 11:51:58 am »

IFC is amazing venue. Will there be  a typical movie premiere with press and stuff?
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 01:52:33 pm »

Here's a cool snippet from "It's About You" for those who haven't seen it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCR0YeqCyJQ?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/VCR0YeqCyJQ?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 10:16:58 am »

IFC is amazing venue. Will there be  a typical movie premiere with press and stuff?

There will be a small scale premier to it, there is a PR team that is promoting the movie and there have already been a number of press mentions.

I don't know if John will be going to the "opening" or not. It won't have a red carpet and all of that jazz, it's a little more low key than that.

Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 12:16:43 pm »

There will be a small scale premier to it, there is a PR team that is promoting the movie and there have already been a number of press mentions.

I don't know if John will be going to the "opening" or not. It won't have a red carpet and all of that jazz, it's a little more low key than that.

Thanks Tony
I wonder how many times John has seen this film though? Couple hundred? Cheesy Cheesy
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 01:31:43 pm »

Thanks Tony
I wonder how many times John has seen this film though? Couple hundred? Cheesy Cheesy

Actually I bet you would be surprised! When it was running at the shows John was getting dressed or eating dinner before the show. Believe or not he doesn't hang around on the side of the stage just waiting to go on. LOL!

Have a great new year everyone!

Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 07:30:52 am »

Thanks Tony

Actually I bet you would be surprised! When it was running at the shows John was getting dressed or eating dinner before the show. Believe or not he doesn't hang around on the side of the stage just waiting to go on. LOL!

Have a great new year everyone!

LOL Not exactly a guy who likes to sit around an watch himself on a huge screen I guess! Grin Grin
eyesontheprize
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 08:16:15 pm »

Received a promo poster of the film autographed by Mellencamp today!  Won a Facebook contest through Laemmle Theaters which showed the film.

Any idea how many of these posters were autographed??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: