John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 10:29:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ghost Brothers"  (Read 19229 times)
jamie1960
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2011, 04:51:51 pm »

Any word on when the CD for "Ghost Brothers" will be released?
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 09:01:30 am »

Any word on when the CD for "Ghost Brothers" will be released?

We should have a date to announce early in the new year but it should be just before the April premiere of the musical.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 02:34:04 pm »

Lot's going on on this. John(and Meg) T Bone & King have all been in Atlanta  couple weeks for rehersal workshops with the actors/singers . They are having a PC today about the play.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:41:32 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 05:09:27 pm »

mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 07:04:35 pm »

And here is a link with more information about Ghost Brothers.  Lots of posts on this site about the cast, auditions, creators, some interviews with Mellencamp, etc.

http://www.liljas-library.com/section.php?id=17
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 08:18:45 pm »

Interview with Justin Guarini about GB

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/good_day_atl/Former-Idol-Finalist-Justin-Guarini-to-be-in-Stephen-King-John-Mellencamp-Musical-Play-20111214-gda-sd

Former Idol Finalist Justin Guarini to be in Stephen King, John Mellencamp Musical Play
www.myfoxatlanta.com
Former American Idol finalist and Atlanta native Justin Guarini will be performing this spring at the Alliance Theatre! The theatre will premiere a new musical play by John Mellencamp and Stephen King called Ghost Brothers of Darkland County. He stopped by to talk about the new musical and his care...
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 11:19:41 pm »

Video of the press conference today

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/entertainment/Stephen-King-John-Mellancamp-Work-on-Musical-in-Atlanta-2011215-pm-pk
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 08:06:37 am »

interesting interview.  what got me was in the audience there was a gal that resembled elaine standing in the back. i had to look 3 or 4 times. im not saying it was her, just the resemblance is there. welp good luck on this one john. i hope the next venture may be more on the light side than the dark side.

and my prayer partners and i are still praying for you

keep the faith / peace & love

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 09:17:18 am »

. im not saying it was her,

Huh? Nope Roll Eyes

Another great interview with the cast! Great things to say about John etc. Looks like a great young cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Efv4Xyayco
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:43:30 am by Mellenfan71 » Logged
Rhonda2
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 11:40:39 am »

'Huh?' indeed. Didn't see anyone in the video who resembled his ex. His girlfriend of over a year was there though.

Thanks for the links Mellenfan! it's great to see this project is now becoming reality after John, Stephen and Burnett worked on it for so long.
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 01:11:52 pm »

what threw me off is at first glance where they show the group of people sitting in this interview is a girl standing in the back in front of the door standing next to an older gentleman who has his arms crossed. this girl is tall and looks like she has long blonde hair. i may not be the only person who mite of thot this mite of looked like elaine. something like this happening and mentioning it isnt that big of a deal. it can happen to anybody.

most important is time will tell wether this project will be a hit or not. all you can do is wish them the best of luck and see what happens

keep the faith / peace & love

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 01:24:58 pm »

I see what Marlynb was talking abut in the video. The woman was way in the back, she looked tall and had blonde hair like Elaine. I thought it might have been her. Wouldn't that been something.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: