John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:21:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merchandise and the Mellencamp Name  (Read 4796 times)
theojkett
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2011, 06:19:08 pm »

Hello Everyone,

I'm Ted, I am the lead singer and manager of "Human Wheels - Playing the Music of John Mellencamp".  You may have seen some of my posts in this community.

Human Wheels has been invited to perform two nights at Indiana Live! in Shelbyville on January 13th and 14th, 2012.  We will perform a two hour concert each night.  Playing all of his classic songs right up to his latest release. Hope to see some of you there.

In preparation for this, I am putting together a merchandise cache which will include, t-shirts, mugs, etc.  All of these items will have the Human Wheels logo on them with the words "Playing the music of John Mellencamp" on them.  I am hoping to sell the t-shirts and some other items at the shows, however I am told I may have some legal issues because John's name is part of the sale.  My disclaimer is that I am using the words "Playing the Music of...." in front of his name.  The intent is to promote the band Human Wheels and NOT rip John off.

I welcome your comments and any advice.  Please contact me here, via email or at [email protected].  If you would like to speak with me on the phone about it, send me an email and I will provide my contact number.

WE are very excited to be coming to Indiana and hope the folks out there enjoy our show.
www.reverbnation.com/Humanwheels

Ted K.
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 03:51:14 pm »

Hi Ted. Please see your private messages.

Hello Everyone,

I'm Ted, I am the lead singer and manager of "Human Wheels - Playing the Music of John Mellencamp".  You may have seen some of my posts in this community.

Human Wheels has been invited to perform two nights at Indiana Live! in Shelbyville on January 13th and 14th, 2012.  We will perform a two hour concert each night.  Playing all of his classic songs right up to his latest release. Hope to see some of you there.

In preparation for this, I am putting together a merchandise cache which will include, t-shirts, mugs, etc.  All of these items will have the Human Wheels logo on them with the words "Playing the music of John Mellencamp" on them.  I am hoping to sell the t-shirts and some other items at the shows, however I am told I may have some legal issues because John's name is part of the sale.  My disclaimer is that I am using the words "Playing the Music of...." in front of his name.  The intent is to promote the band Human Wheels and NOT rip John off.

I welcome your comments and any advice.  Please contact me here, via email or at [email protected].  If you would like to speak with me on the phone about it, send me an email and I will provide my contact number.

WE are very excited to be coming to Indiana and hope the folks out there enjoy our show.
www.reverbnation.com/Humanwheels

Ted K.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: