John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:52:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall 2010 No Better Than This Tour Announced  (Read 32255 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2010, 05:29:36 pm »

View this email at http://media.mellencamp.com/email/08_06_2010.html

Fall 2010 Leg of the No Better Than This Tour Announced!

John Mellencamp and his band are set to embark on the first leg of the No Better Than This Tour in late October following the August 17th release of his Rounder Records debut album, No Better Than This. The tour, designed as a uniquely formatted “evening with,” brings Mellencamp’s music to theater-sized venues, a rare opportunity to experience one of America’s most iconic songwriters and performers in an intimate setting, highlighting all phases of his artistry.

The tour, anticipated to continue through the Spring of 2011, will kick off on October 29th in Bloomington, IN, where Mellencamp and his family make their home. It continues for four weeks bringing Mellencamp, his band and music to audiences in Nashville, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Kansas City, Chicago, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and three additional Indiana markets of South Bend, Fort Wayne and Indianapolis with further tour dates pending.

The tour will feature classic Mellencamp material associated with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee over the course of his 35-year-long career as well as the new music from No Better Than This. The new album was produced by T Bone Burnett and recorded in three historic locations in the American South: Savannah’s First African Baptist Church, Sun Studio in Memphis and Room 414 of San Antonio’s Gunter Hotel where Robert Johnson recorded in 1936. The sessions were documented on a 55-year-old mono tape recorder using just one vintage microphone at each location. Rolling Stone’s review of the album noted, “Mellencamp has never sounded looser or easier on a record,” suggesting the artist was “channeling spirits and stepping into period styles. They fit him perfectly."

As a reflection of the diversity of styles and material that have been a hallmark of Mellencamp’s eclectic career, the concerts are formatted into three segments. These showcase John Mellencamp in an acoustic context, fronting a small combo recalling blues/country and rockabilly roots and with his full rock band. Musicians backing Mellencamp include Michael Wanchic (guitar), Andy York (guitar), Miriam Sturm (violin), John Gunnell (electric and upright bass), Dane Clark (drums), and Troye Kinnett (accordion/keyboards).

Of special note is the fact that the tour’s “opening act,” is a documentary film by Kurt Markus entitled It’s About You. Shot on Super8 film over the course of last year’s Bob Dylan-John Mellencamp-Willie Nelson tour of minor league baseball stadiums, it chronicles the creation of No Better Than This while serving as a cinematic ‘think piece’ on the state of the country at the end of the first decade of the 21st Century. Markus, whose still work has put him in the front ranks of contemporary American photographers, has been cited for his extraordinary vision for his work documenting the American West and is the recipient of Life Magazine’s Alfred Eisenstaedt Photography Award. Ticket holders are urged to get to their respective No Better Than This Tour venues in advance of the film’s 6:30 PM start time.

Mellencamp noted, “I’m very excited to have the opportunity at this time in my life to go on tour and present these songs in this manner.”

Fans should log on to www.mellencamp.com for the most up-to-date concert and ticket on-sale information.

John Mellencamp No Better Than This Tour confirmed initial tour dates

Oct. 29 - Bloomington, IN - Indiana University Auditorium
Nov. 1 - Cincinnati, OH - Music Hall
Nov. 3 - Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium
Nov. 5 - Kansas City, MO – The Midland
Nov. 6 - St. Louis, MO - The Fabulous Fox Theatre
Nov. 8 - Indianapolis, IN - Clowes Memorial Hall
Nov. 11 - Indianapolis, IN - Hinkle Fieldhouse
Nov. 13 - South Bend, IN - Morris Performing Arts Center
Nov. 16 - Fort Wayne, IN - Embassy Theatre
Nov. 17 - Cleveland, OH - Palace Theatre
Nov. 19 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre
Nov. 20 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Hall*
Nov. 22 - Minneapolis, MN - Orpheum Theatre
Nov. 23 - Minneapolis, MN - Orpheum Theatre
Nov. 26 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre**
Nov. 27 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre**

Public tickets on sale Saturday, August 14 at 10 AM local venue time, except as noted.

* Tickets on sale Friday, August 20 at 10 AM local venue time.
** Tickets on sale Friday, August 27 at 10 AM local venue time.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Fall 2010 No Better Than This Ticket Details - Pre-Sale THIS Wednesday!

Mellencamp.com will be offering pre-sale and Premium Ticket Package access THIS COMING WEDNESDAY - August 11th - to the registered users of the site. Read the Mellencamp.com TOUR and NEWS pages Monday and Tuesday for details and instructions for the pre-sale and to learn more about the Premium Ticket Packages.

Please note there are changes to our pre-sale ticket purchase program with the new tour. Read the website very closely as the details are announced.

Public tickets for most shows go on sale Friday, August 20th at 10 AM local venue time.

Note Pittsburgh will start its pre-sale Tuesday, August 17th with a public on sale on Friday August 20th and Chicago will start its pre-sale Tuesday, August 24th with a public on sale on Friday August 27th.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

New Mellencamp.com Launches - Changes For Mellencamp Websites

With the release of John’s new album No Better Than This and a new tour, a brand new Mellencamp.com launched today - new graphics, new features, and a totally fresh and updated look. The new site is rolling out now and should be available to for everyone to view by this Sunday!

Part of the overhaul of John's website is the phasing out of ClubCherryBomb.net. Some of that site's content, news, message board, other features will be integrated into the new Mellencamp.com. Click HERE to learn more about the phasing out of Club Cherry Bomb.

Farm Aid 25: Growing Hope for America - Milwaukee WI, October 2

Farm Aid will celebrate it's 25th anniversary with its annual benefit concert on Oct. 2nd at Miller Park in Milwaukee.

Farm Aid 25: Growing Hope for America will feature Nelson, Mellencamp, and fellow Farm Aid board members Neil Young and Dave Matthews, with other top artists to be announced. The show will be broadcast live on DirecTV.

Read the full event Press Release, watch the press conference and visit www.farmaid.org for more details.

No Better Than This CD Plus Men's & Women's Album Cover Tee-Shirt Bundle
Save 35% on both the men's and women's album cover tee shirt when you buy John Mellencamp's new CD! Bundle consists of John Mellencamp's new CD No Better Than This (release date 8/17/10) and a black men's tee and women's tee with album artwork imagery. Black, 100% cotton.
$41.95
BUY IT NOW!

No Better Than This CD
John's new album, featuring 13 new songs, recorded at historic locations with vintage equipment. Produced by Grammy and Academy Award Winner T Bone Burnett.
CD
$12.95
BUY IT NOW!

No Better Than This Men's Album Cover Tee
This black men's tee-shirt features the imagery from John Mellencamp's new album No Better Than This. Black 100% cotton.
$19.95
BUY IT NOW!

As always, thank you for your continued support!!
TonyB -Webmaster, Mellencamp.com - [email protected]
http://www.mellencamp.com

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
stevenhatfield
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 09:12:23 am »

Hi Tony, Will John be coming to UK as part of World Tour?

Thanks Steven
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 11:34:02 am »

Tony,

If you know/ can release right now do you anticipate some west coast dates?  I know before you mentioned that this seemed like it was all told going to be a pretty extensive tour.  And if you anticipate those dates, would they be later this year (Dec. I guess) or sometime early next year?

In the meantime I'll have to satisfy my JM addiction with the concert w/ Dylan in So Cal next week.  I am really looking forward to the show, the new songs, and it has been a little over 2 years since my last show.  Plus a front row ticket ain't bad.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 04:13:15 pm »

Tony,

If you know/ can release right now do you anticipate some west coast dates?  I know before you mentioned that this seemed like it was all told going to be a pretty extensive tour.  And if you anticipate those dates, would they be later this year (Dec. I guess) or sometime early next year?

In the meantime I'll have to satisfy my JM addiction with the concert w/ Dylan in So Cal next week.  I am really looking forward to the show, the new songs, and it has been a little over 2 years since my last show.  Plus a front row ticket ain't bad.

Yes the No Better Than This tour should visit most regions of the country by the time it ends next Spring. There will be west coast shows as part of it. They will be possibly be announced very late this year.

TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 04:16:01 pm »

Hi Tony, Will John be coming to UK as part of World Tour?

Thanks Steven

There is a definite chance it could happen on this tour after the US shows!

TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 08:05:50 pm »

Tony,

Yes the No Better Than This tour should visit most regions of the country by the time it ends next Spring. There will be west coast shows as part of it. They will be possibly be announced very late this year.

To clarify, I think we will announce concerts in 2011 by late 2010. I do NOT expect any other concerts beyond the Fall tour to be performed in 2010.

jensmama

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 08:39:45 am »

Literally counting the minutes till the presale for the Detroit, Michigan concert! I have never been to Fox Theatre, so I hope I pick a great seat. Unfortunately it will not be one of the seats in the first ten rows... Can't wait to buy the new CD too!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge God in all ways and He will direct your paths.
sarahsullivan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 10:53:37 am »

Got my tix to Indy! Woot! Anybody else going to the Clowes Hall show??

Your Life is Now ~JM
kyralexis72
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 01:12:29 pm »

Got my tix to Indy! Woot! Anybody else going to the Clowes Hall show??

Hi Sarah!  How are you?!  Barb and I will be at the Clowes show!  Can't wait!  What seats did you get?  How long did it take you to get them?

Try to keep your mind open
And accept your mistakes
Save some time for living
And always question your faith

Could it be that this is all there is?
Could it be there's nothing more at all?
Save some time to dream
'Cause your dream could save us all - JM
sarahsullivan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 02:46:56 pm »

Hey Kyra! My husband and I will be on the main floor in row D.  I didn't figure out that I didn't
need a password for the premium seats until after I'd purchased the seats I had.  It took a few minutes to get them...first I was offered rows L,O and S...but I declined all of those.
When I was offered Row D "gold circle" seats I jumped on them!  Then Tony told me I didn't need a password for premium, ha! So I'm sure I could've been a bit closer, but row D is great, especially at Clowes! Super excited about the venue. What about you? Where will you be sitting?

Your Life is Now ~JM
kyralexis72
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 05:01:33 pm »

We will be in Row E.  Same thing happened when I was buying.  I wasn't trying to get premium tix, but when I first logged on I was getting Rows L, M, O, then I got J, so I bough those.  Then I went back and E popped up so I got those, too.  I was pretty happy with E; they're on the outside aisle.  I thought it was tough getting good seats this time.  Even looking at singles.

And accept your mistakes

Save some time to dream
upfromindiana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 06:53:18 pm »

We will be in Row E.  Same thing happened when I was buying.  I wasn't trying to get premium tix, but when I first logged on I was getting Rows L, M, O, then I got J, so I bough those.  Then I went back and E popped up so I got those, too.  I was pretty happy with E; they're on the outside aisle.  I thought it was tough getting good seats this time.  Even looking at singles.

Thank you Kyra for taking care of me today!  I hate when work gets in the way of my fun!

If you needed a friend, I'd be your best one - John Mellencamp

May your journey to your resting place, leave a smile upon your face - Dane Clark
sarahsullivan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 07:50:47 pm »

Yay! Clowes is going to be such an awesome venue! There's not a bad seat in the house.
I'm really looking forward to the film too.  Can't wait to see you both there!

Your Life is Now ~JM
kyralexis72
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 09:50:39 pm »

Thank you Kyra for taking care of me today!  I hate when work gets in the way of my fun!

Of course you know I always will if you need me to!!! 

And accept your mistakes

Save some time to dream
guyfrombaltimore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 03:37:27 pm »

Hi Tony,

Are there any plans for concerts in the Baltimore/DC area?

Thanks a lot!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: