John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 02:53:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Columbus Ohio  (Read 12257 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2011, 09:32:51 am »

Great show last night. John dropped Crumbling Down in the setlist in the 5th slot and followed it with Walk Tall. He also did a mostly accapella Jack and Diane. I was very impressed by the groove and sound on both Circling Around the Moon and Key West Intermezzo. Cherry Bomb was excellent as a closer as well.

The crowd, especially on the floor, was very attentive and interactive. Going way above the norm for singing along and filling in lyrics. They really loved Easter Eve's storytelling, John was really selling it on Eve and Longest Days.

The Palace was great and it was pretty much full.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Luvmy2boats
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 10:25:39 am »

I'm from Cincinnati, OH and could "kick" myself for not going to the concert in Columbus!!!!  I did see John in Cincinnati (from the first leg of the tour), and, to be quite honest, that concert was TERRIBLE!  Maybe it was the venue (Music Hall), but, I felt like I was in church.  No ONE stood up to dance, sing along, whatever.  It appears from the reviews I've seen from the second leg of the tour, that John has mixed it up since earlier concerts.  My BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT was that he sang Cherrybomb (my favorite) as the last number in Columbus, but, in Cincinnati we got one verse accepella and it was in the middle of his acoustic set.  I've seen him every time he has ever been in Cincinnati, and have yet to hear this song all the way through.  I forewarned my family who was going to the Columbus show, but, to say the very least, they were not disappointed.  I certainly was - first, by not going to see him in Columbus and second, by his Cincinnati show.  He 'acted' old (though I don't think he is) in Cincinnati.  Wish he would come back and prove me wrong!!!
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 01:07:44 pm »

it was a great show!  john and the band all seemed to be having a good time.

everybody in the area i was in appeared to be really enjoying the songs, old and new.

it was great to see so many Mellenheads that i haven't seen since the beginning of this tour a year ago (and some longer).

i also had quite a few local friends there who haven't followed JM's music quite as much as some of us and weren't familiar with most (if not all) of his newer songs, but the ones i have talked to said they loved it!

sure wish i had tickets to another show!

jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 08:12:02 pm »

I want to go to Reading tomorrow.
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 09:47:39 pm »

I want to go to Reading tomorrow.

i feel ya dar.  i'd love louisville too, but i know it won't happen
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 07:23:25 am »

Ditto here in NY, can not make Jersey show....
Keep posting all reviews and photos!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: