John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 02:02:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Rapids Performance  (Read 4859 times)
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:41:06 am »

What an awesome crowd and fantastic performance.  The place was packed and there was a huge applause after the movie finished. ( I think due in part to the anticipation of seeing the real thing.)  These people LOVED the show.  Cheering, dancing...everything.  And I think the band and John were loving us.  John seemed very at ease and did alot of dancing.  Very emotional performances of "Circling Round the Moon," "Death Letter," and "Easter Eve".  After the "Cherry Bomb" finale the band bowed and left the stage while John just stood there and everyone screamed and cheered and he took it all in for a good minute.

He is LOOKIN GOOD for 60 and doesn't seem to be losing any of the desire to put on a great show.  It's actually pretty amazing and a relief for me because I did not get that feeling from Farm Aid this year....maybe it was just me, but he seemed distracted.  Tuesday night in GR it was the John I know........great night!!!!

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"
Mary
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 09:11:17 am »

Oh yeah - and he shaved off the beard!!! yay!!!!!!!!

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"
Mary
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: