John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 12:25:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall 2011 No Better Than This Tour Kick Off Set list  (Read 34980 times)
pdabee
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 07:44:57 pm »

Saw the show Tuesday night....
Mellencamp & Band were great!
An underrated artist in his time...His music & words will live on past all of us.
Not only did the show touch you but we also had a rocking good time too.

THANK YOU J. M. & Band
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 06:05:05 pm »

I totally agree.  I LOVE Easter Eve and this arrangement.
girovasl

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 12:10:27 pm »

Does anyone have the set lists from the other shows? I'm going Saturday!!!!
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 03:40:58 pm »

Does anyone have the set lists from the other shows? I'm going Saturday!!!!

As of today it looks like John has kept the set list from the opening show in Boston

Authority Song
No One Cares About Me
Death Letter
John Cockers
Walk Tall
The West End
Check It Out
Save Some Time To Dream
Jack and Diane
A Ride Back Home
Easter Eve
Jackie Brown
Longest Days
Small Town
Rain On The Scarecrow
Paper In Fire
Circling Around The Moon
If I Die Sudden
I Saw You First
Pink Houses
Rock In The USA
Cherry Bomb
MadWiccan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 04:40:18 pm »

I'm not sure he played Walk Tall in Hamilton. He might have but I don't recall hearing it (and I saw the whole show). Early on he went around to talk to each member of the band and it seemed like he was making a change or two. I think he cut Walk Tall for whatever reason because pre-show his tour manager said he'd be on until 10:30 "on the dot" and he ended about 10:15. It was still an amazing show, but for whatever reason he cut at least one song I think.
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 12:05:42 am »

He added "Crumblin' Down" in Hamilton -- not sure what he dropped to make room for it, perhaps it was "Walk Tall." See below:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y3gWwTraKUM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/y3gWwTraKUM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
inxess01

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 07:41:51 am »

Walk Tall & West End were dropped from the setlist in Hamilton and replaced by Crumblin' Down.  I believe the other songs from the setlist were played...
MadWiccan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 12:24:18 pm »

I thought "The West End" was missing as well. And was surprised he added "Crumblin Down". He must have decided a couple songs in to make the changes because he went around and talked to each member of the band. Great show!
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 01:18:58 pm »

As much as I love Crumbling Down, I've seen it at almost every show.  The West End is really, really awesome live and I hope it is back by Columbus.
shutoutthelights

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 03:46:54 pm »

Of course Crumblin' Down was the only song that I didn't hear and wanted to in Boston. I'd include Hurts So Good also but he doesn't seem to ever play that one anymore.
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 03:54:28 pm »

Of course Crumblin' Down was the only song that I didn't hear and wanted to in Boston. I'd include Hurts So Good also but he doesn't seem to ever play that one anymore.

He did drag out "Hurts So Good" for one show in Ames, Iowa in on April 28 of this year (see video below, you gotta scroll to the 2:10 mark, past "ROCK in the USA," to see it), but he doesn't play it much anymore because he's seemingly lost interest in singing these more "juvenile" songs now that he's trying to portray himself as a socially-conscious, folk troubadour.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HWKp6Hotugo?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/HWKp6Hotugo?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
shutoutthelights

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 04:07:57 pm »

Thanks for the link! Yeah, thats always been one of my favorites even though it is pretty juvenile. But that to me is just good old fashion rock and roll. Didn't know he had pulled it out recently, based on my research I didn't see it played since 2007 or maybe 2005.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: