John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 09:59:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 10/25/2011 - Concert at the Wang Theatre, Boston MA  (Read 8520 times)
RoseMcKenzie
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2011, 07:33:54 am »

Last nights show ROCKED!  Everything.... the pre show documentary, the Acoustic portion and the rock band that we all love.  Lots of new material that I have not heard before.  He did a great job of incorporating his new material with his old.  I would see this show again in a heartbeat!  I was very pleased that he ended his show with Cherrybomb.  One of my favorites.
marini
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 09:33:48 am »

Saw the show at the Wang Center Boston last night.
He did do it different from the show last Feb. in Lowell.
I didn't seen him smoke but I did see him spit across the stage to clear his throat.
Mellencamp and his band were AWESOME.
Starting with the Authority song and ending with Cherry Bomb.
I did enjoy hearing Easter Eve & Key West.
Mellencamp has so many good songs it is impossible to hear all that you want.
datella57
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 08:18:36 am »

With great excitement and anticipation after seeing the show in Lowell, I must say I came away totally fulfilled. I have followed John from the early 90's, and to say he has gotten better and better with age is an understatement. As a songwriter he is one of the best. The newer music is stripped down, soul searching, gut tugging at its best. I smiled, laughed, danced and cried and had a wonderful time. My only regret is that I could not take my daughters and granddaughter to see this show. They have seen him in the past and I feel this was his best performance ever. Please, John, keep on doing what you're doing......we truly love you!
Deborah Atella
Coventry, RI
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: