John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:13:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: October 25  (Read 18392 times)
RSOX49FAN
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2011, 07:01:36 pm »

Hey everyone, just wanted to get some talk started about Tuesday's show. I'm so psyched. I bid & won my tickets on WZLX ( Boston's best classic rock - thanks guys) I went to the Lowell show & it was awesome so I know it will be just as good if not better. R O C K in the USA !!!!!!!!
maureen0763
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:24:56 am »

I'm going! I got front row seats, can't wait!!
marianne123
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 12:46:44 pm »

I was at Lowell as well, and I wouldn't miss tomorrow night's show at the Wang Center.  It's a great place to kick off this leg of the tour. VERY EXCITED!

-Marianne
RSOX49FAN
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 12:53:40 pm »

All Right, I was beginning to wonder if anyone else was as psyched for this show as me. This time the weather is going to be perfect. My seats are orchestra center so there will be plenty of dancing! To all that are going -  ENJOY!!!!!
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 01:49:44 pm »

Please make sure to post after the concert.
Need to hear all the details!
RSOX49FAN
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 07:14:52 pm »

Will do Dolly23! 24 hours and counting!
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 09:25:55 pm »

Looks like he put in some new songs!

I saw you first
Jesus , can I get a ride back home

etc
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 10:22:03 pm »

Wow, he played "Circiling Around the Moon" ....was this and "Key West" a tribute to George Green? Could be.
marini
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 11:59:48 pm »

Saw Mellencamp tonight in Boston. 
He was AWESOME. 
Had 12th row center seats. 
Mellencamp did mix it up a bit from the Lowell show in February.
I didn't see Mellencamp smoke on stage but I did see him spit across the stage. 
The first post here said that the person won tickets for tonight's show from WZLX, (I agree it is the best radio in Boston).
I had bought tickets to the Lowell show then I won 2 tickets from WZLX.  Got to bring a few more friends.
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 08:51:48 am »

Was there last night, incredible show, highlights for me were ''Circling 'Round The Moon'' never thought i'd hear this song live, and ''Walk Tall'' which was completely different from the studio version, i absolutely loved this version, talk about making a great song even better and ''Easter Eve'' which i didn't think would go over particularly well in concert, glad to be proven wrong.

I've seen past shows where i thought John was mostly going through the motions and not really into it, not so this time, John really put his heart and soul into every tune and the audience appreciated it right from the start, also there was quite a bit it of applause after the documentary which surprised me, the show was incredible, as was the audience.
infamouscapgirl
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 10:23:16 am »

Another great show!

I had seen the Waterbury show in February - and loved it - enough to drive 3 hours from Albany to Boston to see John again...

Enjoyed the changes, which kept it fresh, and I really do like the format of the shows - the 3 distinct sets highlight the songs in different ways -

Also, heard a song I didn't remember hearing before - Circling Around the Moon - which I loved (As an aside - that's one great thing about music - a song goes right by you one time, but another time it absolutely resonates with where you are in life - I must have had a broken heart in the time since that song came out!!! Now I'll go back to those 'other' albums and see what I missed)

I agree with Kicker that Easter Eve was done well, it was like an old Irish story-song, and of course the last line got a big cheer!

I did not note the entire set list but many of the classics, and also many from the last 2 records (which are what drew me back to the fold; I love the down low sound and the perspective of life).

The Wang theater was an incredible venue, so beautifully restored and also no 'anti-dancing' security people!  Loved the announcement that said 'This is a John Mellencamp show, so singing and dancing is encouraged'

Keep on Rocking John!
RSOX49FAN
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 11:45:58 am »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was a great show and yes, the song list, incredible. To my fellow ZLX fan, I too bought tickets to the Lowell show and then won another pair. They do rock. Anyway my BIG news from the night came when I was leaving a little bar around the corner from the venue. I saw his tour buses and this silver looking vehicle with a tarp in front of it. I walked by it earlier in the afternoon but told my friend I wanted to go back by it before heading in. I'm so glad I did because this SUV pulled up in front of it and out came the man himself. I'm getting chills just remembering it. There was about a dozen people standing there. He was signing, taking pictures, and so I reached out my hand and asked him for a hand shake. He looked at me and said absolutely. I was in heaven and if possible, love him even more.This is definately the best time I've ever had at one of his shows. The other bit of awesome was we sat behind the people who did the documentary from California. They were so cool so that made us cheer after it was over even more. What a great night and a great show. GOD I LOVE HIM !!!  What happened to Hurt so Good?   
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 12:47:43 pm »

RSOX49fan I am so glad you got to meet him. That is so exciting. Grin
RSOX49FAN
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 12:57:40 pm »

Hey Thanks, the only thing that could have been better was if I asked him for a kiss and he said yes. In my dreams, right?  He didn't bring anyone up on stage this time I noticed. Wonder why?
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 11:04:18 am »

Hey Thanks, the only thing that could have been better was if I asked him for a kiss and he said yes. In my dreams, right?  He didn't bring anyone up on stage this time I noticed. Wonder why?

Just looks like they cut it out of the new show set.
didn't see Mellencamp smoke on stage

he has smoked on stage before?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: