John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 06:01:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: No Better than this  (Read 59959 times)
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 06:02:18 pm »

Can you snap a picture of whatever the promo pic was? Or can you describe it more? It was something physically in the best buy store?
At the Best Buy I went to today the promo poster was the same picture that's in the upper left hand corner of this website, or at least it was from that same photo shoot -- you know the one that was from Interview magazine right after "Freedom's Road" came out. It's nothing new, it's been seen before.

Lets see some pictures of these displays snapped and posted here!
 I was in my local Best buy last night & same poster/Photo on the End-cap of the cd section , it's about 4 feet high & a few feet wide & then there is a new cd release rack next to it  above the poster it has the quote "Cd's under $10"
[/quote]

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs251.snc4/39882_830824578950_22901814_46612194_2350356_n.jpg

Here is a picture of a poster from Borders Tony
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 08:38:59 pm »

I wish that photo wasn't being used. Sorry, it is just not a flattering picture of JM.

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 11:55:54 am »

First listen....I thought...wow he's really taken a different direction here.  Second listen I was getting it more.  I actually really like it.  It's definately country/folk and I think the words are the best ever!!  Just like prior posts - yup, I'm cryin'!  These are hearfelt words, story-telling time....he's growing up/old with me and remembering.  Just like it's always been. Also have to agree with liking the stripped down sound...very cool.  I'm SO glad John continues to experiment.  Just think if he had never tried the accordian/violin sound...we wouldn't have Lonesome Jubilee!!  This will take awhile for some, but it will be worth it.

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 03:08:53 pm »

At least those places have a poster!!  I went to Walmart and there was no promotion at all.  Was not located in the new release section and there was no advertisement.

I have to disagree about playing it loud.....it sounds totally awesome loud!!!!

Mary "-somedays I still don't kmow what to do-"
Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 03:54:15 pm »

Another great record. Congrats to JM and all involved.
Long may they keep on comin'

Greetings from Scotland.
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 07:19:45 pm »

#1 on the Americana Music Charts...3 weeks in a row!

http://www.americanaradio.org/ama/displaychart_beforetracks.asp?mode=lw&dtkey=

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 08:26:20 pm »

No Better Than This was #1 on Amazon.com for almost 4 days, now it has gone up to $12.00 and immediately fell to #4, while the other new releases are still at $9.99.  Who makes these decisions, it would have been nice to see it stay at 9.99 so we could still see it in the number 1 spot  Grin
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 06:15:32 am »

No Better Than This was #1 on Amazon.com for almost 4 days, now it has gone up to $12.00 and immediately fell to #4, while the other new releases are still at $9.99.  Who makes these decisions, it would have been nice to see it stay at 9.99 so we could still see it in the number 1 spot  Grin

i was at Target on Sunday.  saw where people were posting that it was $7.99 there when it came out.  it was $13.99 on Sunday.  i guess the store sales run from Sunday to Saturday.  i would have thought that since new releases don't come out until Tuesday, that the sale would have been until the following week's new released came out, but i guess not
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 07:14:15 am »

i was at Target on Sunday.  saw where people were posting that it was $7.99 there when it came out.  it was $13.99 on Sunday.  i guess the store sales run from Sunday to Saturday.  i would have thought that since new releases don't come out until Tuesday, that the sale would have been until the following week's new released came out, but i guess not

Almost all posted sale prices fun from Sunday (when the weekend circulars go into effect) through Saturday so this is very common.

The CD sellers/retail stores set the prices as they want. All of the CD's they sell are generally sold to them at the same price, or maybe a slight discount if they pre buy them before the release date. Changes in prices at retail/online sellers are controlled by those sellers, not John or the record label.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 07:16:28 am »

The CD sellers/retail stores set the prices as they want. All of the CD's they sell are generally sold to them at the same price, or maybe a slight discount if they pre buy them before the release date. Changes in prices at retail/online sellers are controlled by those sellers, not John or the record label.

Most sellers discount releases in their first week of on sale to drive traffic/attention but quickly thereafter increase the price.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 10:37:59 am »

Let's talk about these songs....Thinking About You; This song really hit home because I was just thinking the other day about my old college boyfriend (30 years ago) and wondering what happened to him. "Don't mean no trouble, don't want to bother you none, ain't lookin' for nothin', just wondering about you some."  Coming Down the Road; This is one of the songs that grabbed my attention immediately because of the beat and the deep sound.  Best thought.."Caught a glimpse of myself as others see me and it wasn't the fella that I thought I'd be."  Clumsy Old World; What a great description of married life!!  "She remembers things that I'm tryin' to forget."  Ha!  Too funny!!

Mary in Michigan
"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"
taz7676
Christine
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 11:13:35 am »

Love NBTT! Had the cd on the first day and listened in the car. As usual, found myself humming the new songs the same day. Lyrics just pop in my head and it takes a second to go, Oh yeah, it's one of the new songs! As T-Bone fans know "Mighty fine pickin' and a- singin"!"

Christine B.
Little pink houses for you and me...
JMLover687
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 04:11:38 pm »

Hey all.

I wrote a review of the album (it's the first one you'll see, by Rudy Palma) on Amazon.com, right here:

http://www.amazon.com/Better-Than-This-John-Mellencamp/dp/B003NWS5DQ/ref=cm_cr-mr-img

I would like to know what you all think of it. Comments and votes would be appreciated. They mean a lot to me.

I am, obviously, very impressed with this album, as I was with his last one.
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 08:23:58 pm »

I hear Bob Dylan and Carl Perkins in this CD.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
selena
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 08:54:21 pm »

Hey all.

I wrote a review of the album (it's the first one you'll see, by Rudy Palma) on Amazon.com, right here:

http://www.amazon.com/Better-Than-This-John-Mellencamp/dp/B003NWS5DQ/ref=cm_cr-mr-img

I would like to know what you all think of it. Comments and votes would be appreciated. They mean a lot to me.

I am, obviously, very impressed with this album, as I was with his last one.

Well done! I voted that your review was "helpful," but since I already have and love the album, let's just say that it was helpful in the sense that it always boosts my morale to hear people recognize John's talent and laud his work.  In fact, given the uniqueness of this album, I was pleasantly surprised by all of the favorable reviews on Amazon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: