John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 07:39:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To MR. MELLENCAMP " CANCELLATION " in LONDON ONT.  (Read 21783 times)
Rock55
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2011, 11:38:04 am »

John Mellencamp ... CAN YOU FIND IT IN YOUR HEART!!!!!!!!!!

The Cancellation of the London Ontario Concert at Centennial Hall here in LONDON ONTARIO WAS TRULY A DISAPPOINTMENT . MYSELF AS WELL AS MY 13 YEAR OLD SOME ARE TRULY DEVASTATED BY THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. YOUR CONCERT AND TICKETS WERE A SURPRISE BIRTHDAY GIFT GIVEN TO MYSELF FROM MY SON. HE IS TRULY DISAPPOINTED AND UPSET ! HE IS A BIG FAN AS WELL AS MYSELF . I HAVE BEEN A BIG FAN FOR MANY YEARS I AM 55 YEARS OLD SO THAT'S A LONG TIME AGO I HAVE BEEN A BIG FAN. MY SON LISTENS TO HIS GREATEST  HITS ALBUM ALWAYS AND LOVES HIS MUSIC. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT OF CANCELLATION IS TRULY A HEART BREAKER!!!!!!
AN ERROR IN SCHEDULING THIS CLOSE TO THE CONCERT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN OVERLOOKED OR OCCURRED ! THIS BREAKS THE HEART OF A 13 YEAR OLD BOY THAT LOVES HIS MUSIC MORE THAN ANYTHING AS WELL MYSELF AND ALL THE TRUE FANS HERE IN LONDON.

MR. MELLANCAMP >> PLEASE CAN YOU FIND IT IN YOUR HEART TO SCHEDULE A CONCERT  SOONER THAN LATER DATE HERE IN LONDON ONTARIO FOR MY SON , MYSELF AS WELL AS ALL YOUR LONG TIME FANS AND SUPPORTS OF YOUR MUSIC OVER THE YEARS HERE IN LONDON ONTARIO CANADA.

PLEASE >>> CAN YOU DO THIS FOR YOUR LOYAL FANS HERE AS WELL AS A 13 YEAR OLD BOY THAT HAD HIS HEART SET ON SEEING YOU!!! PLEASE!!!!

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
ROCK55
BRIAN
LONDON ONTARIO
CANADA
Heartlandrocker
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 05:13:10 pm »

I notice your a "big fan "...!!
dscrip

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 11:29:35 pm »

I too was disappointed to hear that the London show was cancelled. I was looking forward to seeing John perform again. Centennial Hall show would have been a great venue to see him up close and personal. I have been a fan for many years and really enjoy his music. Hopefully he decides to come to London in the near future for all his Canadian fans!
Rburla

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:56:48 am »

Mellencamp.com Fan Photo Pass Hamilton, ON
« Reply #6 on: Today at 11:43:41 AM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to go on record to say that prior to last Saturday's show, I have always been a huge fan of John and his music. I was very surprised when I bought the overpriced tickets but figured I had never seen John before, it must be something very special because he hasn't toured in so long in Canada, so I bought 2. Expecting a huge show!
The pre-show movie was a cheap out for not playing a warm up band. I have never ever seen a band play without one and for them not to even set up lights. What's with that?
They used the stage lights so that you could barely make out faces on stage even in the Orchestra seating. Way too much gospel and not even close on the music that everyone there wanted to hear. Take a hint John, Price gouging for tickets; COME ON!, bring your own lights, turn up the sound on vocals, play more of the old stuff ( not even one song from Cutting Heads!) and always come back for an encore. That was without a doubt, honestly the biggest, most disappointing concerts I have ever been to. Did you not notice that when you sang an old tune EVERYONE STOOD UP and sat down when you went off on a gospel tune? CHANGE MANAGERS OR WHOEVER IS YOUR AGENT.
signed, RIPPED OFF.
maybe other people will do the same and post their opinions.

walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 12:17:06 pm »

He's not playing any gospel songs, those are acoustic versions of songs. Also, this is 2011, there are countless reviews, setlists, YouTube videos and full bootlegs of earlier shows on this tour, which began Oct. 29 of last year. It's absolutely mind-boggling to me that someone can purchase a ticket without researching what kind of show they'll be seeing first. Those who bought tickets to the first leg of the tour last summer before any shows were performed are the only ones who can rightly complain. You should have known what John was doing on this tour before you bought tickets. If you found this site to file a complaint, you should have found in back in August when tickets went on sale and navigated around a little to see what songs/format John was playing.

In addition, most people are sick of Greatest Hits shows and welcome these rarities being played. John has taking lots of criticism in other artists' forums for primarily playing only hits for the past 20-plus years, and this time he's finally branching out and playing "album tracks" and people still complain. If all you own is "Words and Music," stay home. As for "Cuttin' Heads," he played "Deep Blue Heart" at every show on the first leg of the tour. He dropped it for "John Cockers" -- an equally great song -- on the second leg. Can't please everybody. Watch the video below any maybe you'll be able to smile a little, and next time do some research before you buy a ticket to a concert.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GY0RNxja4e4?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/GY0RNxja4e4?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 12:45:34 pm »

Well Said Walktall2010.  Some people are never happy.  I wish that many would quit complaining.  John and his band won't ever put out a live concert on DVD if it continues.
I just wish I could make it to ONE of the perfomances on this leg. Or put in a DVD to get my fix of him....  I am hoping that another leg gets announced this Spring in the Midwest.  MN and Iowa are calling........ Please?
WI is close but the performances are in midweek.  First time in the 5 state area in which I live in the past 15 years that I couldn't make it work with our schedule.  It bums me to no end.  I will pay top dollar to see him sing NEW or OLD in whichever way he wants to perform them... Rock, Country, Folk, Acoustic, Gospel, it don't matter.
He is still performing...... We shall all be thankful for that.
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 01:37:39 pm »

He's already played Minnesota and Iowa on this tour.
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 03:33:15 pm »

I just want to go on record saying that maybe some folks should stay home and listen to the cd's they have. And use the money they spent on tickets for beer. Thank you and have a nice day. I need to go out and stack firewood.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 05:46:45 pm »

He played in MN last November.  Not on this leg......That is a whole year already....... Just crossing my fingers that he comes back here again in the spring.  New leg.....
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 07:02:33 pm »

He played in MN last November.  Not on this leg......That is a whole year already....... Just crossing my fingers that he comes back here again in the spring.  New leg.....

How long do tours usually last?
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 08:06:36 pm »

The length of his legs of his tours varies, just like everything else he does.
Save Some Time to Dream............He can tour again in the upper Midwest.
I saved time today to dream.  Hoping it all comes true...........

walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 09:14:39 pm »

He came to Minneapolis on the No Better Than This tour, and we are still on the No Better Than This tour, so he's not likely to come back to the same city until a new tour starts. He almost never makes multiple trips to the same city on the same tour (Indy being an exception because it's a hometown gig and the demand is huge).
girovasl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 07:39:52 am »

I have been going to John Mellencamp concerts since 1984 and have yet to be disappointed with a show. I am going to the show Saturday in Newark, NJ, can't wait :-)  I can tell you i was very disappointed in the crowd at the show in February in NYC. They were quite lame, just sat there and didn't know a single new song. I swear i was the only one in the upper section that sang every song! They people next to me actually got up and left after abnout 5 songs and i just couldn't believe it. I was so pissed that i couldn't afford the really good seats up close and was stuck up on the 2nd teir with people who only knew the hits and didn't stand up once. I did also notice that even some of the people on the floor were not up and moving during most of the show. I do wish the front section tickets were not so expensive so that TRUE fans can afford to sit there. I do not mind the hits at the shows but wouldn't miss some of them if they weren't played. I look forward to hearing the rare songs that haven't been played in 10 or 20 yrs, i would kill for "Sugar Marie"! I always check the blog, website, youtube and anywhere else i can before going to show to know what i'm in for, even for Mellencamp shows and probably don't really need to because i know i'm getting a good show always.
kshirts

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 11:22:45 am »

Looking for tour dates in Oregon or Washington : )
RSOX49FAN
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 08:55:02 am »

AMEN Walktall2010!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: